When you were little...

dwmckim

Reaction score
Oh my gosh - that TOTALLY triggered a memory i forgot about. I also was the proud owner of the SST Fisher Price Little People and the awesome Street playset. Some years after the initial street playset came out there was another playset with a clubhouse theme (kind of a hybrid between the arbor area and a mini playground where the people could go down slides and revolving doors and the like. But my favorite part was on the back on the top (if i remember it was part of the crank-controlled conveyor belt that led to a slide) where it looked like that ubiquitous brick wall that Muppet inserts took place behind - and i loved using that little area more than any other to represent a place where "brick wall" scenes would happen!

APRena

Reaction score
A little unrelated, but when I was younger I used to claim that Dave Goelz was my uncle. (Last name is extremely similar to mine... but back then no one besides me cared or knew who he was.)

Kiki

Reaction score
If I remember rightly I did think the Muppets were real when I was little, because I recall my Dad telling me he went to New York in the 70s and I remember thinking wow! I think the Muppets went there in the movie! I bet he met them! Lol, and I was referribng to TMTM. :wink: Oh well, living is easy with eyes closed. It's weird though because when I refer to Muppet characters thesedays I talk about them as if they were real! But when I was younger I don't believe I gave it much thought. Like, I was terrified of Gorgs, but then again they were full-body puppets. And yet I was aware that Frank Oz performed Fozzie and well as Yoda and I knew who Jim Henson was (but perhaps I just though he was a close friend of Kermit or something, lawl XPP)