Where are the "Muppet Vehicles"?

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Just something I was wondering, we knew that the Electric Mayhem bus got sold on Ebay a while back, but...whatever happened to all the other "Muppet cars" from the Muppet (and Sesame) movies? Fozzie's Studebaker, Gonzo's plumbing truck, etc.? In Follow That Bird, we had Gordon's VW, Oscar's Sloppy Jalopy, Ernie and Bert's plane, the Sleaze Brothers' truck, and of course that snazy car of the Count's.

I'm not sure if Oscar's Jalopy is the same one on the street that it was in FTB, but we really don't see the other cars on the street...

I hope they just didn't throw 'em away! They should be in museums...or let the Muppeteers drive 'em around. (Wouldn't it be cool to be driving down the street one day and suddenly you see Jerry Nelson cruising by in the Count's car?)

Anyone know where the cars are?

Convincing John

Oh and for you "Follow That Bird" fans, there's another car you should look out for. At the "Bad Eats--Don't Drop Inn" Grouch Diner, there's a car parked there that looks a LOT like the Back to the Future DeLorean!!! Watch for it when the guy throws the trash can out the door.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Beau's taxi from GMC resides in front of Muppet Vision 3D at Disney MGM, but I don't know about anything else.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hey, I didn't know my taxi was there. I must go retrive it one day. :wink:

I heard the Studevator (sp?) is in the UK somewhere. Luke's seen it.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I remember that post about Fozzie's Studebaker, but I can't find it. Didn't Luke say it was built into the wall of some restaurant over there?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, he did say something not to dissimilar to that, in fact, I think that was what he said.

Also, something about Elton John...but I don't recall was the relation was.

dpurves

Reaction score
The rainbow colored Studebaker from TMM is in the Studebaker Museum in South Bend, Indiana. At least it was in January. They had it there for a special exhibit on Studebakers in movies and TV, but unfortunately only had it on display until Christmas, because it wasn't in very good shape. I asked and they took me upstairs to a work area, where it was sitting with other Studebakers in various states of wellness. The paint was pretty much faded away, although you could still clearly see the designs. The man who showed it to me said that they were going to restore it to its former glory, and then add it to the regular collection of cars. No idea when or if that will ever happen. I've got a couple of pictures of it, which I'd be happy to send to anyone interested.

Speaking of that Studebaker, anyone ever notice that it has a slightly different paint job when it pulled in front of that rainbow colored soda sign? The next scene it went back to the same design it had when it was first painted.