Where are the older humans?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Well, this has officially made national news. It's trending on Twitter right now as well.
What really bothers me is that everyone is blaming HBO. Seriously, HBO had nothing to do with any of these changes! I bet most of the whiny people shouting about their childhoods dying and saying they're going to boycott HBO haven't even watched the show in years. :rolleyes: Had Bob or Sesame Workshop not announced this, those so called 'fans' wouldn't have even noticed that anything was different with the show.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Rest in peace Sesame Street. Now, the show really won't be the same anymore.

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
When I saw Sesame Street trending and people talking about Bob, I was afraid he had died! I'm actually relived to know he and Luis and Gordon are just leaving.

I've only been watching Sesame Street sporadically, but I'm not surprised by this at all. Like others have said they've slowly been phasing out the older humans for years. I'm not quite sure why there's so much outrage about it all over the net. They were all going to leave the show someday.

I don't think it's fair to say Sesame Street is dead because of this. The show is going to get more babyish no matter what humans are around. THAT is the real problem that I don't think people around the net get. They just see the older humans being fired and assume HBO is some evil company forcing changes. Game of Thrones is the most popular TV show, so you'd think people would know by now that they're a very hands off company.

DePingPong

Reaction score
I hate seeing people blame HBO for it.
Before anyone else blames HBO; HBO had nothing to do with this, they don't oversee production nor do they decide which cast members stay or go. That's up to Sesame Workshop.
Even with HBO's help, money is tight for the show. They can't afford to have so many cast members on at once, hence sticking with the new cast members.

And yes the show has drastically changed, but a new generation of kids means a new generation for Sesame Street. As times change the show has to keep up with it to stay relevant to kids.

King Jim

Reaction score
I'm still very upset over ABC canceling The Muppets back in May. Now HBO is letting the legends of Sesame Street go. They have educated the legendary Big Bird, Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, Oscar, Grover, Snuffy, Telly, Elmo and just so many other iconic Sesame Street Muppets for 47 years. They are the longtime teachers and mentors to those Muppets. They have also played adopted parents to many of those muppets in many episodes as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
BlahblahblahblahHBOblahblahblahblahwahwahwahHBOwahwahwahwahwahwahwahwahmehHBOmehmehmehmehmehmehmumblegrumbleHBOragafratzHBOyapyapyapyapHBOHBOfiddlefaddleHBO.

HBO?

HBO!

Home Box Office.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Somebody comment on the ToughPigs' Facebook that they blame Disney for this.

People. R. Ill-Informed.