Where Could You Usually Find Them?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The reason I ask is because I've SEEN the wonderful action figures and playsets in the photos, and I've read about them in news articles, and I KNOW you people out there collect them... but believe it or not, they were NEVER available in my town at all! At least not that I was aware, so I'd like to ask where all (specifically) have YOU guys been able to find them?

rexcrk

Reaction score
Well, some of them (at least Series 1 and 2, maybe 3, and then later on 6 and 7 I think) were available at Toys R Us, which is where I got my Kermit, Gonzo, Beaker with Muppet Labs, and Dr. Teeth (amazingly I might add) figures. That's also where I got Johnny in the maroon suit.

Specialty stores such as Tower Records and Suncoast had them, which is where I got figures such as Sam the Eagle as Mr. Samuel Arrow and Beauregard. Video game stores like EB Games also had them, which is where I got my Miss Piggy figures (both the regular and the exclusive).

But I got the rest online, from websites like amazon.com, omgcnfo.com, and ebgames.com.

And don't feel bad, my town has no toy stores or video game stores or anything which means that I either have to drive for half an hour+ or just get stuff like that online.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, there's like a couple of good Toys-R-Us around here in my town, but the thing is I've NEVER seen the Palisades figures and sets there!

Never heard of those other two you mentioned, so I assume either they're local stores near you, or they're a chain that isn't available to my area (like 7-11, or Publix).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... When I went out hunting down the newly released series of figures, I always went to my local malls' Electronic Boutique stores. They supported the entire line from the beginning all the way to the end. There were a few I picked up at Suncoast stores though: S1 Kermit, S3 Zoot, S5 Janice, and of course the ones that were made available exclusively through the club thanks to my membership. Hee, I remember when the club started out and you wanted to be among the first 500 members to sign up to get a special bonus figure.
Been getting some extras through deals with other forum members and eBay, though the SST prototype final figures were the last I've gotten for the collection. Got a few to acquire to complete it though, hoping I can either snap up the SST playset Ken has in his store if it's not gone yet or cross my fingers for the proposed line actually rolling along into reality.

Hope this helps Snowths.

Gonzo's Chicken

Reaction score
I always got them at Media Play (I miss that store) or Electronics Boutique. EB is actually where I got both Zoots and all 3 Lips.
I did pick up a few at Target when they carried the line.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I usually got mine from Suncoast or just the internet. But your best bet is the internet because I doubt they will still carry them in stores. :smirk:

Yoda Man

Reaction score
I didn't get into the line until 2006, so I didn't buy these at retail often. However I did find Series 6 and 7 and the Swinetrek at my KB Outlet store, Mega Gonzo and Beau at Toys R Us, and I also got Pops and SO Fozzie and an MCC set from EBGames. The rest was obtained through forums and ebay, but it was nice to still see Muppets in stores a year after the line died.

doc hopper

Reaction score
Meltdown Comics on Sunset and Golden Apple on Melrose - both in LA. boy, do i miss those days...:cry:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although Electronics Boutique supposedly sold the toys throughout the entire run, my local EB only sold the first four series.