Where do Fraggles come from?

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Been awhile right? Yeah, I know, it's been hard keeping up here with getting stuff ready for college applications. I guess getting sick with mono was the the universe telling me in an odd way to come back. You see, in being sick I've been home all day sleeping and watching my Fraggle Rock episodes that usually I don't have the time for.

So now I am here to ask you the great question that plagues all Fraggle fans. Where do Fraggles come from? :excited:

This question is brought up time and time again and usually by me, but I'm just fascinated by what everyone's response is. It was never really answered on the show although there was talk of a "cycle". And if you notice in the opening theme song to the show on each episode (excluding Odyssey aired episodes which cut the number down) when they show all the fraggles singing in the Great Hall there is a fraggle holding what appears to be a baby fraggle.

There are no parents that we know of for the Fraggle Five or any other fraggle for that matter. In fact the only family relative we know about for any of the characters is Gobo's Uncle Traveling Matt and Uncle Matt's Uncle Gobo. (You think Jim had a thing with Uncles and Nephews?)

So does anyone want to delve into this?

Anxiously awaiting answers,
-Wemblin' Kate

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, when a mommy Fraggle and a daddy Fraggle really love each other... er, might I reccomend the Koozebanian documentary?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Fraggles come from Fraggle Rock, of course. :excited:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Can't remember the source for this info- they were going to do an episode where they show where Fraggles come from. They were going have a baby Fraggle hatch from an egg. In the end they decided against getting into the issue of birth. That's why baby Fraggles disappeared after the first few episodes (don't know when exactly).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

jediX

Reaction score
I have this childrens book that says Fraggles evolved from lazy Doozers, if thats any help....

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
jediX said:
I have this childrens book that says Fraggles evolved from lazy Doozers, if thats any help....
I have the same book - "The Legend Of The Doozer Who Didn't". That legend is brought up in episode 32, but it's referred to as a "kid's story" that Cotterpin wishes were true.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm sure the parents are there, but since we're focusing on mainly certain Fraggles, they just don't fit into the story. Uncle Matt fits in because he's Gobo's mentor, and educator, and he also writes from Outer Space to continue to teach his nephew Gobo.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
I have the same book - "The Legend Of The Doozer Who Didn't". That legend is brought up in episode 32, but it's referred to as a "kid's story" that Cotterpin wishes were true.
I was gonna say that (not the part about the book, I don't own it).

A Catgut avatar! COOL! Where'd you get the pic?

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

jediX

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
Probably from the SS episode containing them I sent him :smile:

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
I got it from Scott. And that's not Catgut, it's either Chip or Dip ... I'm not sure. :embarrassed: :wink: