1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Where does Palisades get their reference photos from?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by WiGgY, Feb 28, 2003.

1. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

I've made a pretty weird observation. The new purple tux Gonzo looks great with the nose, but where did that green come from? I've never really seen Gonzo with a lot of green and yellow on his nose. Then I saw the cover for the Peter Sellers/John Cleese/Dudley Moore DVD. The Gonzo on there looks EXACTLY like the new Gonzo figure. And there on his nose is the green and yellow.

I've also noticed that the EM on the Diana Ross/Brooke Shields/Rudolph Nureyev DVD cover looks exactly like the EM figures! Now they didn't really during the muppet show, but Zoot's coloring is exactly like the one on the fire, Flyod is playing right handed and DR. Teeth has that same look to him as the figure. So, is Palisades using the same pictures for reference as the DVD covers?
  2. Luke

Luke Active Member

I'm sure they use anything they can get their hands on, as well as taking a lot from Henson, including their ideas on how the characters should finally look. For instance, Ken's 'Janice' is EXACTLY the same as in the 70's TMS style guide ... right down the to the angle of the pose, the skirt. Only think changed i think is the belt !
  3. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy New Member

Oooh...good question. We're probably not allowed to know...
  4. danartayes

danartayes New Member

5. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

We get our reference from Henson, our own gathered archive and research, and donations of reference from people here and on our own boards. Also, for a very long time there has been a group of the same four or five people who have sort of acted as unnofficial consultants/critiquers and provided a lot of screen shots and photos when needed or asked for or if a question or an issue comes up they have helped find solutions.