Where does Palisades get their reference photos from?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I've made a pretty weird observation. The new purple tux Gonzo looks great with the nose, but where did that green come from? I've never really seen Gonzo with a lot of green and yellow on his nose. Then I saw the cover for the Peter Sellers/John Cleese/Dudley Moore DVD. The Gonzo on there looks EXACTLY like the new Gonzo figure. And there on his nose is the green and yellow.

I've also noticed that the EM on the Diana Ross/Brooke Shields/Rudolph Nureyev DVD cover looks exactly like the EM figures! Now they didn't really during the muppet show, but Zoot's coloring is exactly like the one on the fire, Flyod is playing right handed and DR. Teeth has that same look to him as the figure. So, is Palisades using the same pictures for reference as the DVD covers?

Luke

Reaction score
I'm sure they use anything they can get their hands on, as well as taking a lot from Henson, including their ideas on how the characters should finally look. For instance, Ken's 'Janice' is EXACTLY the same as in the 70's TMS style guide ... right down the to the angle of the pose, the skirt. Only think changed i think is the belt !

Misfit Toy

Reaction score
Oooh...good question. We're probably not allowed to know...

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
We get our reference from Henson, our own gathered archive and research, and donations of reference from people here and on our own boards. Also, for a very long time there has been a group of the same four or five people who have sort of acted as unnofficial consultants/critiquers and provided a lot of screen shots and photos when needed or asked for or if a question or an issue comes up they have helped find solutions.