Where Everybody Knows Your Name...

Beth C

Reaction score
Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

You ever feel that way? Like you just had to go somewhere where people would care?

Well, that's how I feel about this place. I feel like when I'm here, people are glad to see me. They make me laugh with fun posts, they cheer me up when I'm feeling down or when life gets the better of me.

This place is fun to visit, and sometimes you learn a thing or two about what goes on behind the scenes of the shows.

Yes, I do post on other message boards, mainly a Knight Rider one, I used to post on a Star Wars and a Star Trek one too, but... I drifted away. Why? Not because I like the shows any less, but because I didn't feel welcome. I didn't feel like anyone cared if I posted or not.

Here I do. You get that warm, fuzzy feeling of contentment when you come here and people laugh and joke and enjoy reading what you post. Muppet fans are just the nicest bunch of people. There isn't anyone who could love a Muppet and be a mean person, it just doesn't work that way.

I did however, get an email today that made me sad. I have been away from the board for a few days, (I'm having medical problems right now) so I couldn't post and I didn't even notice that the bath tubs thread had been locked. This person thought they were the cause of it and took the time out of their day to say they were sorry that my thread got locked.

I'm not going to say that I'm not disappointed, because I was, I liked that thread. There are other 'random' threads in that forum, I don't see why those threads were singled out. I'm sure that most of them didn't discuss Muppets at all either.

Still, I felt sad and yet, so warm inside that someone would think of me and how I would feel that the thread was locked that I actually went back to my desk at work and did some hard thinking. I realized that I do like this place, and even if the thread gets deleted (PLEASE DON'T PHILLIP!) and my post count drops AGAIN, I'd still start all over.

Because of you. Because of my friends. Because I like coming to a place where 'everybody knows my name, and they're always glad I came' - It just feels good.

So, to Everyone here, who has taken the time to talk to me, write to me, share things with me, and just be my friend:

Thank you.

Be glad there's one place in the world
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to go where people know,
People are all the same;
You want to go where everybody knows your name.

~Beth C

Beth C

Reaction score
Yep, and like Cheers, this is a place where you can go to hang out and be yourself.

*hums theme song in her head*

Yep, that song suits this place well.

~Beth C

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Thanks,to a place called Muppet Central

First of all Beth,I hope you get well soon.Secondly,thanks for starting this thread.Third,many kudos & thanks to Phillip Chapman for giving me as well as the rest of us a little hide-a-way called Muppet Central.I love this forum.I've been online for approx. 10 years or so,and have just looking for forums in the past year.I also belong to forums:MASH,All in the Family,Happy Days,Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I've made so many friends at MC & glad to have found a place where I can enjoy talking about the muppets.Its such a relaxing place(most of the time).As far as the post counts,speaking for myself,its just a bonus.I would still post as I have been,even if the post counts didn't exist. I'm glad there is the lot of people at MC that know my name,makes me feel good to know their names too.

I was kind of shocked the tubs closed,but unfortunately the direction they went,they couldn't be repaired to save them.Just surprised,I didn't lose post count when they closed the tubs down.:smirk:

Thanks to all at MC for making this a special place to be me.Gracias,danke schoen,xie xie,grazie mille,merci,arigato,etc....

Beth C

Reaction score
First of all, I don't want anyone to worry. I do have a problem that is keeping me mainly offline as sitting up for long periods makes me nauseated. I'm also very tired all day long. (Unfortunately, I still have to go to work - oh what fun!) However, I will soon be well again, I just am waiting for my Income tax refund to show up, so I can cure my problem.

It's a simple thing - I just don't think it can be discussed here on the forums, as it is very controversial.

Now that I've said that, I just wanted to also make the small note that locking the threads does not lower the post count. Only deleting them would do that.

I just checked and I only have 132 posts in the Bath Tub thread. Not a big loss if it does go bye-bye. Here I thought I had more - LOL! Guess I didn't post as much as I thought I did.

Either way, I'm still glad to be here, and just wanted to make a post that said that. Especially seeing how I have so many wonderful Muppet friends here!

~Beth C

Katzi428

Reaction score
You know,Beth...great minds must think alike,because I was going to post something like this.I realize I hadn't been around for awhile, but I'm back to stay :smile: (except if I'm on vacation or other things come up.)
Everyone here is fantastic! I've been posting less & less on another board because there's a woman (and I use the term loosely) who I don't quite get along well with. She keeps talking about hurting animals (mainly cats) and it hurts me to see that :cry:
You're all the best!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Thanks for the clear up on the posting/deleting Beth.

Happy to know you Kathy.Your a very nice person to chat with.:smile:

<editing post>Thanks Whatever/Beth.

Katzi428

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
<singing>where everybody knows my name...
<singing> And they're always glad you came... :smile:
BTW JFS...you're a nice person to chat with too!