1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Where have all the Fraggle Sites gone?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by WemblinKate, Sep 28, 2002.

1. WemblinKate

WemblinKate New Member

Ok, so this question is asked once a year but it needs to be asked again. None of them have been updated over the last year. I know all the main sites so I check them. Ok, Fraggle Central was up this summer, only to have disappeared again. Sorry, It's just frustrating. And I know you guys have lives and everything and work to do and it's hard to keep a website updated when the show ended like 20 years ago, but I mean you promised us updates. On the webpage, there all these "Coming Soon" noticing. But they're not. Oh no. And it's upsetting. If I knew how to make a good website I would make a good Fraggle Rock site, and update, at the very least once a year. But since I can't even make a fairly decent webpage, that's out of the question. I can't even get images visible on a webpage. And you could make that arguement as to why there have been no updates. But FraggleRocker.com was a good site, and well organized. As was Behind the Wall, and Fraggle Central. And they just stopped.
    There are episode pictures to post, and discussion to have. Fan Fics to post as well as Fan Art. Stories to tell, and songs to be sung. Oh, I'm just so upset!

-Wemblin' Kate
  2. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

:( I feel your pain Kate.

Me and my good buddy Billy were going to launch the Picle-Balancer. It was going to be glorious. Then, school came. And work followed. Billy and my schedules became cluttered to the point that there is nothing else on the site besides 1 graphic that says "Coming Soon" with the Doozers around it. I feel bad about it, really I do. If summer isn't too bad, I'm going to try to start it again. That is if Billy is willing. (I don't know, he's such a rebel he might back out to start a rock band or something...:D))

-Matt
  3. Jeffrey Gray

Jeffrey Gray Member

I can take Billy's place, Cantus. I'm one of those people who wants the Pickle Balancer to be finished so we can have Fraggle/Muppet-mayhem chats...I'm can't do web design, but I can be an idea man.
  4. Cantus Rock

Cantus Rock New Member

Hey Jeff,
    Well, my schedule is too tight to work on the site either right now. I have way too many things going. Also, this was Billy and My goof project, and I would never want to cut my good buddy off from it. I'm sure that we'll be able to work on it some time later. When we do, if we need some help on it, I'll let you know.

-Matt
  5. Yeah, and whatever happened to that one FR site that had, literally, TONNNNNNNNNS of screen caps FROM EVERY EPISODE!!

I really miss not bein' able to see that one...or does anyone know at least who had that one?

:(
  6. WemblinKate

WemblinKate New Member

Oh yes! I loved that site! It was so cool and it seriously did have almost every episode with tons of screen caps from each. I actually took a lot of the pictures but never got the name of the person who owned it. I haven't used them or anything, I would never use them without asking the person, but I do look at them quite often because they're so cool. If anyone knows who owned that site let me know, I need to e-mail them. Thanks.

-Wemblin' Kate
  7. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

8. WemblinKate

WemblinKate New Member

The link didn't work. And I got really excited too.:(
    -Wemblin' Kate
  9. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

10. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

LMAO! A rock band. Matt, how did you know!? Dad Gummet! :p

Nah, I've been so busy with work and puppets that I haven't had much internet time recently. Keep me in mind Matt (you always do :D), and we'll work on it sometime soon!

Catch ya on AOL!

- Billy :cool:
  11. WemblinKate

WemblinKate New Member

Re: Fraggle sites

No offense, but these are the sites I'm talking about. This post isn't really about the lack of fraggle rock websites, well, I mean it is, but it's more about the lack of "Updates" on Fraggle Websites. I've had these links for ages, and they haven't been updated in over a year, which makes me very sad. Thus this is what this thread is about.
    -Wemblin' Kate
  12. BlueFrackle

13. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

If anyone finds (or has) any screen grabs from episodes,
    please contact me!!
  14. Allahandria

Allahandria New Member

I've been thinking about reopening a fraggle rock site.

I used to run one. I still have all my mp3's (151 of them) and many of my image captures. I also had gone around to sites that are now taken down and saved a lot of image captures already made, but I don't know where they got saved....

You see... about two years ago this crazy little idiot started harassing me about my site, claiming I had stolen content that I had asked webmasters to use. He got them confused enough that they got angry at me too. I was sick of being harassed, got sent two email viruses, and even had this guy go around and bid ebay auctions out from underneath me.

This was so ludicrous that i just shut it down. It wasn't even open that long. It took up over a gig of my harddrive. I obviously cannot rehost the entire thing, but I can make parts of it available to hte public.

I think its silly that there was so much animosity then over a site about a show designed to create WORLD PEACE. Anybody else see the irony here? Anyway, I still have a lot of stuff i'm willing to share if you contact me privately, website or no.

~Jill
  15. BlueFrackle

Hey,

Was it Josh ?

See ya
  16. Allahandria

Allahandria New Member

Re: Hey,

How'd you guess? I also caught his IP downloading *all* my files. Maybe he still has them... that would be nice. My site is backed up on zip somewhere, but finding W2000 drivers for a USB zip that *work* are not always easy.

That was during a time when people seemed to be competing to have the best site. It was really really dumb. *grin*

~Jill
  17. BlueFrackle

Hey,

Dunno, Just an inckling - LOL

Everyone else around here could have guessed too...

See ya
  18. Allahandria

Allahandria New Member

Even while the site existed it was impossible to get the owner to give you permission to use his graphics. I emailed him several times and he never, ever replied. Not even to say no! The only time I heard from him was when I made screen captures of my own and he freaked out and thought I stole them (even though they were from episodes that he hadn't made)

~Jill
  19. Allahandria

Allahandria New Member

I found my site!

I dug through my backups today, just for you guys.

First of all, the site that had all the image captures was Bliss2285's, an aol guy. The only thing there now is something about some animated gods.

I have his files though, and many more of my own, 170 some mp3s, and files from "Vanessa's Collection" (also sadly defunct, or so it appears).

A few years ago I was really big on saving everything (you know back when I hadn't nearly filled a 40GB hard drive!) I thought that archiving was important since who knew how long any of these sites would be around?

I have over a gigabyte of fraggle crap on my harddrive, plus all the html files to go along with it. Half of one of my cd's was corrupted, there is nothing I can do to restore the files (I tried!) But other than that I sitll have all my stuff. The design makes me cringe... but I wish I had somewhere to host it....

~Jill
  20. WemblinKate

WemblinKate New Member

Re: I found my site!

Oh, that's so cool! Ah, we love you Jill. Someday, someday you will find a host, you've just got to. For all things Fragglish! Sorry, getting a little out of hand, it's just there's so much potential for great Fraggle Websites, so much could happen, with the right connections and everything. But what that guy did to you was just inexcusable, and down right mean. I hope you can put a Fraggle Site up again, I probably can remember your site, if I think back long enough, cuz so many have come and gone in such a short period of time. Anyways, best of luck to you and keep us informed.

-Wemblin' Kate