Where is Bear filmed?

jeremyactor

Reaction score
Didn't know the exact forum to ask this, but this will have to do. Where do they film Bear in the Big Blue house? I know they film Animal Jam at Disney Studios in Orlando (you pass the puppet shop and rehearsal stage on the backstage tour - I'm watching my Disney World tape I made with my camcorder).

I ask because Friday I leave for the Disney World College program, and I can shadow people in different fields I'm interested, including TV production - (I'm studying film and theatre, and I'm starting to look into going into puppetry, so that might be a valuable shadow opportunity if it's available to me).

Jeremy

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Bear was shot at Lifetime Studios in New York City. It's not in production, and doesn't look like it's coming back. There may be a movie at some point. Mitchell has a script floating round.

secret squirrel

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
There may be a movie at some point. Mitchell has a script floating round.
Coolness, Ive been waiting for an announcement of a Bear movie for a couple years now. Even if it was just a straight to video thing that would so rock. Only thing is, I hope Bear and the gang somehow make it to New York or other real life locations.

It's been really sad seeing, how after Follow that Bird all Muppet films have mainly took place on sets. Thats why, while KSY admittedly wasnt the best Muppet thing, the swamp thing was entirely filmed on location. Now that says something! heh

But man, that sucks to hear no more Bear shows...guess it met the same fate as Farscape(err, minus the crazy fans)
But its weird, there must be a big fanbase if they are doing a 'live' show and other stuff. Sadly no merchandise though as of late.

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath for the Bear movie. The draft I've heard about is a neat idea and does involve some locations, but Mitchell has other projects on at the moment.

secret squirrel

hdofu

Reaction score
Originally posted by Secret Squirrel
Don't hold your breath for the Bear movie. The draft I've heard about is a neat idea and does involve some locations, but Mitchell has other projects on at the moment.

secret squirrel
Yeah there is a script for Spy vs Spy out there as well.:wink:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by jeremyactor
Didn't know the exact forum to ask this, but this will have to do. Where do they film Bear in the Big Blue house? I know they film Animal Jam at Disney Studios in Orlando (you pass the puppet shop and rehearsal stage on the backstage tour - I'm watching my Disney World tape I made with my camcorder).

I ask because Friday I leave for the Disney World College program, and I can shadow people in different fields I'm interested, including TV production - (I'm studying film and theatre, and I'm starting to look into going into puppetry, so that might be a valuable shadow opportunity if it's available to me).

Jeremy
Congrats Jeremy!!!!

You will have the time of your life. I won't get into details, but I know a great deal about the program and was involved with it (long story, not going into it), and have had many friends go down there on it. You will have the time of your life!!!!!

We'll miss you around the board (trust me, you ain't gonna have time for MC)