Where is Our World Going?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The paper reported today that a tenant at the apartment complex we used to live at got shot and killed, and before we left, another tenant was telling my parents that one night he was robbed at gunpoint in the complex as well.

On top of that, it's almost as if anymore, there's some kind of shooting around here, whether it's at a school, a bank, a mall, or even a church of all places. Not just here even, but it seems like the world as we know it just keeps becoming a darker and crueler place.

Where exactly is all this going? What's the reasoning behind all this? And what's going to become of the future generations?

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I couldn't offer a theory without knowing what happened. Maybe the two incidents are related? It could be drugs, lack of money, general sociopathic behavior, etc. If I lived there, I'd definitely have extra locks, security cameras, and my own personal armory. It seems like everywhere we've ever lived went straight to heck after we moved out (or was on its way there when we left). Crime went up when we left Tennesse. Hurricane Katrina happened a couple of weeks after we left Mississippi. *shrugs* Disaster just seemed to follow us wherever we went. It's somewhat comforting to know it's happened to someone else. :stick_out_tongue:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Well, honestly- when I see things like that in the news and so forth, it just reminds me over and over again that we all live in a fallen world. Since Adam and Eve's sin in the Garden of Eden, we have all been under the curse of sin ever since. Romans 1:18-32 says it pretty clearly. And this is exactly why the Christmas season gives me such hope because of the love God showed when He sent Jesus to be the Savior of the world, who came to pay for all the wrong things all of us have ever done and ever will do- and He did it through His death and Resurrection. And the world is on a downward spiral without Christ- but He came to give us new life- life abundant, as John 10:10 says. Jesus is the hope for all generations. My trust is in Him for everything- and He's the only reason I have hope even in the midst of the bad headlines of the world. If anyone's ever interested in talking more about Christ, feel free to PM me or check out this website.
"In this world you will have trouble, but take heart- I have overcome the world." - Jesus Christ (John 16:33)
God bless!:smile: