1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Where is the new New York Workshop?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by zns, Jan 6, 2006.

1. zns

zns Active Member

As most of you guys know, The Muppet worksop at 117, East 69th Street in New York City was sold. I heard that there is still a workshop in that area but i am not sure as to what the address of it is. Where is it at this time.:confused:
  2. OverUnderAround

OverUnderAround New Member

Here ya go:

The Jim Henson Company
    627 Broadway, 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10012

:)
  3. zns

zns Active Member

Thanks a lot. If I was aloud, I would really want to go in and have a looksie.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I don't know if the workshop is still in operation or not, but if so you might tyr calling ahead for a tour?
  5. OverUnderAround

I understand that they have the entire 9th floor of the building. The entire floor is corporate offices and workshop Kev.
  6. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

I'm taking a trip to New York next month. I wonder if I'll get a chance to see that Muppet Workshop. Or at least see the outside building.
  7. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Wait a minute, I thought everything in New York was closed? Am I confusing some details here? Please help!!! I work in NY!
  8. OverUnderAround

They just re-opened at another location in Manhattan a few months ago. So yes, they do have a New York office.
  9. Fozzie Bear

Vic--ya gotta get in and take some pictures!!
  10. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Thanks, maybe I'll get over and do that soon!
  11. zns

zns Active Member

Thanks Vic. Like all of you, I would really like to see the inside of the worksop. My reason is that like a lot of you, I hope to have a carreer as a puppeteer working for Henson. The only problem is that I have never built any puppets like the Muppets. I hope someone has patterns that they can give me, especailly the one from Women's Day magazine.
  12. Fozzie Bear

There are links in the puppetry section to get free puppet patterns.
  13. rowlf84

rowlf84 New Member

As far as tours go, they're pretty private. They have a lot of work to do so I doubt that they'd take the public on a tour. I guess it's worth a shot to call though. You wouldn't know they were there from the outside of the building.
  14. zns

zns Active Member

Just wanted to know if anyone has had a chance to see the new NY workshop yet. If so, please let me know. Thanks.:)
  15. Camellia

Camellia New Member

hi, Sometimes people ask where to send "fan letters" or ask for "tours".

Someone posted: The Jim Henson Company
    627 Broadway, 9th Floor
    New York, NY 10012

as contact info. Where did you get the info?

thanks!
  16. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Active Member

ZNS, it's probably very unlikely they will give you puppet patterns, but if you're looking for the Women's Day pattern it can be downloaded from http://www.puppetminister.com/links/muppets-blatch.pdf

As Foz mentioned, there are links to all kinds of puppet building resources available if you explore the Puppetry section of the forum. I've written a Guide to Puppet Building Resources that you might find helpful too.
  17. zns

zns Active Member

Thanks alot Buck-Beaver, this really helps. As for what I said, I didn't mean that the people at Henson would actually give me patterns :smirk: , but that I could get ideas on how to get started. But this helps anyway. ;)
  18. puppetise

puppetise Member

i have sesame street workshops adress its
    Sesame Workshop
    1 Licoln plaza
    New York, Ny 10023
  19. zns

zns Active Member

Has anyone gottten a chance to visit the new location of the workshop yet? Any new info? Yes? No? Maybe so?
  20. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Awesome! So you can write a letter to a muppeteer? Groovy, cheers! :)