1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Where The Wild Things Are Movie

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by lowercasegods, Feb 27, 2006.

1. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I found this link which details how director Spike Jonez is finally getting his film adaptation of the children's book, "Where The Wild Things Are" off the ground, and most importantly, the Jim Henson company will be creating the monsters! Can I get a wahoo, people?!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13340
  2. ReneeLouvier

ReneeLouvier Active Member

WAHOO! Yes, that's an awesome book!!
  3. dizzyizzy

dizzyizzy New Member

YAY!!!! This is exciting! I love this book! :)
  4. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

i wonder what kind of movie this would be?
  5. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

its NOT a Disney movie...couse its animated, its NOT Disney! its Universal/Warner Bros. :attitude:
  6. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I'm not sure what you were saying, but it's not going to be animated, it's going to be live action and animatronics.
  7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

That sounds great! I hope he does it right, could be an instant classic.

WAHOO! WAHOO! WAHOO!

:)
    Anthony
  8. peachesncream

peachesncream New Member

wahoo!!!!!!!!!!:excited:
    one of my favorite books.i loved his monster in my closet book.i used to teach an art class.we made monsters in closets.:excited:
  9. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I can't think of anything better for this project than for the Henson company to be involved. Just hearing that gives me faith.
  10. Kimp the Shrimp

CGI might work on this
  11. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Yeah, it could, but I'm looking forward to seeing some good ol' puppetry bring these characters to life.
  12. Kimp the Shrimp

that would work also
  13. Blue Weirdo

Blue Weirdo Member

now that is cool.

I always thought Doglion looked like one of the creatures from this book.
  14. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Me too! And then I found out that Jim Henson and Wild Things creator Maurice Sendak were good friends, so I started to make the connection. I have no doubt that Sendak's work was an indirect influence on at least some of the Muppet Show full-body monsters, so it's really excited to hear the Henson's or working on a Wild Things movie! It's just so perfect!

By the way, to all you guys who carried on the whole "Wahoo" thing from the beginning of this thread, you rule!

WAHOO!!
  15. Marky

Marky Member

I agree. And we all can now tell where the real Muppet magic company is.
    Hint: It's not MHC.
  16. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

Truer words were never spoken, my friend.

And I also believe that Fraggle Rock is wholly Canadian!
  17. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I HOPE he does this right! I loved that book forever, and when I lost my copy from as a kid, I went straight out and bought it again!! Every good home should have this book.
  18. Marky

Marky Member

Do you really lowercasegods? That makes 2.46 of us!

I hope so too, Zozzie.
    Q: Is Brian Henson more involed w/ MHC or the JHC?
  19. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

I truly do, Marky. I don't know what it is, whether it's Jerry Nelson giving Gobo a slight Canadian accent or that the production was shot in Toronto, but I just feel like the Fraggles' world is wholly Canadian, and I love it. I also feel the same way about Emmett Otter, but I don't expect anyone else to agree with me.
  20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Brian would obviously be more involved with the JHC since he's President there.