Where to buy faux fur?

greenman

Reaction score
Can someone tell me some good sites to buy faux/fake fur with no minimum order? :eek:

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
When i was making my dog puppet I searched all over for fake fur. I went to a TON of fabric stores and no place had it. I was looking for a specific color and couldn't find it anywhere. Then i got the idea to try eBay. Lo and behold they had exactly what I needed and it was SUPER cheap too! So if you're having trouble, give eBay a try!

Rock On!

Grant

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
It's worth noting that Orappa Creek sells mohair - which is really handy if you need long fur or hair in a colour you can't otherwise find - but it's not the same as conventional fake fur, requires more time to work with and is usually more expensive. It's neat stuff to work with and the Orappa Creek folks are really nice people too.

The correct URL for Puppet Odyssey is http://www.puppetodyssey.com. They sell long (shag) fur, but it's the cheaper, lower-quality variety. Still works well for most purposes though.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, for me Puppetodyssey worked out the best, but they don't have the color I'm looking for :frown: . Does anyone know where I can find like a deep lavedar?

Puppetplanet

Reaction score
I'm surprised no one mentioned this site! They have BILLIONS of colors.... well, okay, not billions, but a lot! :stick_out_tongue:

http://www.mendels.com/fur_solids.html

Thats the link directly to the order page. There is dark purple in there too, and they have their products seperate by length which is sooooo nice when your in a hurry and hate trying to figure out what your getting. I have received several samples that they offer so that I could check out the quality and it's pretty decent stuff. Better than the fur I'm still trying to use up from ebay. :wink:

If your strapped for cash and only need a little, I do have a very dark purple in a high pile (long) if your interested. E-mail me and I can send you photos.

-Michele

gastage

Reaction score
Thanks Buck for the correction........guess I got stuck on the "d"! Thanks too Michele for the link to fur. I keep a list of vendors I get from customers because I get a lot of inquiries from new customers on where they can find other fabrics and puppet accessories. This a great site. Talk to you soon.

Kathy

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
Aiyah! Expensive! Expensive! I'll need to practive some more puppetmaking before I try to make some Snowths.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
greenman said:
Can someone tell me some good sites to buy faux/fake fur with no minimum order? :eek:

the CRS crafts place is great, i have found some wonderfull stuff there, eyes and furs two, the animal furs are quite nice , however the bright colored craft fur is a little thin as far as the pile goes, but you can still get some great results with it, good luck,