Where to go

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i am wanting to futher my education on puppets and such, and i know there has to be a puppet college somewhere but where and does it have a web site i can go to. I thought it was in Commeticet but im not sure

Thansk :sympathy:

Skeet

Reaction score
I don't really know for sure but i think i've heard of one in West Virginia. Alot of people on the forum talk about it though. I hope you find what you want
skeet

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
From the research I've done when looking for a college my advice is to go somewhere with good theater/acting classes and apply what you learn there to your hand. I'm attempting to minor in thatm while getting a visual art major that I can use toward film. I think of puppetry as a mixture of dramatic and visual arts, so dividing my major and minor up that way I think I'll learn a lot. Also, doing my own homework on puppetry makes it more important to me, and experience is definitely the best teacher in this area, so I've started a puppeteering group on my campus and hope to do some filming before the quarter's out.

I was fortunate to get to have lunch with Leo Brodie this Tuesday, and he told me that he majored in theater and had got to do a workshop with JHC and then started his own company in LA with other pro puppeteers. It doesn't say anything about colleges as far as I can recall, but his website does prove that you can go pretty far with a theater degree and trial and error: www.punchandbrodie.com

Good Providence to ya!

Beebers

Reaction score
The University of Connecticut. In Storrs, CT. Google UCONN and you'll be there. Many of today's working puppeteers have come out of the UCONN program, considered one of and by many the best Puppetry Arts program in the world.

:cool: