Where would you think Sam the Eagle would position himself in the current political climate ?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Given how Patriotic he is, how would Muppet Fans feel about :attitude: Sam the Eagle, in the current political climate ?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sam has always been depicted as sort of a broadly stereotyped, uptight, dyed-in-the-wool conservative, but at the same time, somewhat ignorant of certain general knowledge (like how the song "American Woman" was done by a Canadian band). I could easily see him being Flanderized into the kind of conservative Trump supporters you see depicted in memes across social media, but I'll leave it at that - most people here feel there needs to be less political discussion around here anyway.

gravy

Reaction score
I feel like he could be on both sides, democratic or republican. I can imagine him saying ''MAGA'' but I can also hear him saying about how revolting everything is to him.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Sam would be more leaning towards the left or the right. I think he'd just be a very old fashioned old man type :smile:attitude:"Why paper bags at the grocery store instead of plastic ones?" "Get off my freshly cut lawn!" etc.). And he would be strictly patriotic; no concern with immigration or anything like that, just really patriotic, super proud of the troops, and the flag, and the founding fathers, but completely out of touch with real world politics.

jobi71

Reaction score
I think Sam has a love of country over politics. He supports the best ideas and ideals that America can/has/should offer. I could see him being a fan of Republican John McCain - a veteran and war hero. I could see him being a fan of Democrat Seth Moultan - a veteran and war hero. I could see him being a fan of Dr. Martin Luther King - who brought rights to so many Americans. However, Sam is often confused and slightly ill informed (He thinks Wayne and Wanda are wonderful singers). So, it would not surprise me if he confused John McCain with John McClane (Bruce Willis' character in Die Hard).