"Where's My Water?" a funny Frank Oz story

Convincing John

Reaction score
Hey folks.

Some of you probably know about "An Evening With Jim Henson and Frank Oz", a kind of forum that was taped back in 1989 where Jim and Frank sat on stage. They answered questions from the audience and performed some of their characters.

Something that sticks in my mind about the show is this moment that just tickled Jim. At the beginning of the show, Jim and Frank are sitting on stools on the stage. A glass and a pitcher of water are next to Jim's stool. As Jim explains the exhibit going on at that time (Song of the Cloud Forest), Frank starts looking at the floor on either side of his stool. After a minute or so, Jim notices Frank and gives him a "what are you doing?" look. Frank looks around at the floor and then up at Jim. "Where's my water?" he says. "They didn't give me any water. You got water." Jim starts to chuckle. Frank smiles and says "Oh sure, the last water and (points to Jim) he gets it." And Jim just chuckles more as someone from the wings rushes in with an extra pitcher of water and glass for Frank.

If you get a chance to see this tape, check out "Frank's missing water" moment.

Convincing John

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
::laughs:: Thank you for sharing that. Do you know of any known recordings of this scene?

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
An Evening With Jim Henson And Frank Oz

Infinity Sirius said:
::laughs:: Thank you for sharing that. Do you know of any known recordings of this scene?
From the POA Directory & Handbook:

"In July, 1989, the Puppeteers Of America held their National Festival on the campus of M.I.T. in Cambridge Massachusetts. When Jim Henson and Frank Oz appeared on stage at one of the festival assemblies, it was an opportunity for everyone to talk with them about their long performing careers. Rowlf The Dog, Cookie Monster, Fozzie Bear, and Kermit The Frog fielded questions too. This puppeteer's evening with Jim Henson and Frank Oz was a memorable event that has been enriched with additional histories by Frank Oz."

Approx. 75 mins. Catolog No. POA 509 Price:$25

If you are a member of POA, you can order the tape. If not, it's certainly worth joining. There are many of the hard to find Henson tapes available through them.

FragglettesMom

Reaction score
just figured out POA is Puppeteers Of America.

What does POA stand for ? I am guessing it has something to do with puppets. I really want to see this tape so I am willing to join in order to buy this tape for $25.00 if the membership fee is reasonable. Please post more info. on POA. Thanks

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I LOVE this tape! It's so classic! I love the exchange of dialogue between Kermit and Cookie, and Rowlf and Fozzie. Fozzie is so funn-ee because he says, "Just don't ask me to tell a joke--I don't know any!"

Rowlf: What'd they say when the church burned down?
Fozzie: Holy smoke!!

Jim was so cool to GIVE the joke to Fozzie like that when he needed it!

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
FragglettesMom said:
What does POA stand for ? I am guessing it has something to do with puppets. I really want to see this tape so I am willing to join in order to buy this tape for $25.00 if the membership fee is reasonable. Please post more info. on POA. Thanks
Here is the POA site: http://www.puppeteers.org/
You can join there online, or print out a form and mail it in. Just click on "Membership Form". They have the fees and info all listed.

Fighbird

Reaction score
It's such a great tape -- the chemistry between the two is just sizzling, and Frank pretty much steals the show. Highly recommended. :smile:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
I love this tape because it gives Muppet fans a little insight into the Frank Oz and Jim Henson relationship. You can tell that they truly liked each other.