Where's Susan?

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
Did Dr. Long quit like the some of the other human cast members did? Or is she going to reappear on HBO?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Exactly. Susan, Gordon, Bob and Luis have not left the show. They just have yet to reappear again.
They are off the show actually.
As was said in the "Where are the older humans?" thread, Bob's original announcement was that ALL of the cast members were gone save for Alan, Chris, and Suki. SW stated this was a misunderstanding and that they were negotiating with the cast to see how they could still be involved. In an interview, Bob McGrath stated that they had the meeting with the Sesame Workshop CEO as was originally announced, and said they would no longer appear on the show, however, they would still be involved in certain promotional things and the planning of the show's 50th anniversary.

gravy

Reaction score
They are off the show actually.
As was said in the "Where are the older humans?" thread, Bob's original announcement was that ALL of the cast members were gone save for Alan, Chris, and Suki. SW stated this was a misunderstanding and that they were negotiating with the cast to see how they could still be involved. In an interview, Bob McGrath stated that they had the meeting with the Sesame Workshop CEO as was originally announced, and said they would no longer appear on the show, however, they would still be involved in certain promotional things and the planning of the show's 50th anniversary.
But from what I heard only Bob, Luis, and Gordon left, not Susan...?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
But from what I heard only Bob, Luis, and Gordon left, not Susan...?
To my knowledge all four of them are still credited this season, so I'm thinking they should pop up every once in a while at least.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I think they're phasing the older humans out little by little . The actress that plays Susan (Dr. Loretta Long) got into a car accident a couple of years ago .

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think they're phasing the older humans out little by little . The actress that plays Susan (Dr. Loretta Long) got into a car accident a couple of years ago .
I forgot about that. Scared me out of my mind. But I don't think the accident was serious enough to keep her off the show for a long time. She had a fair bit of screen time in season 42, which was filmed about a year after the accident. Although, it is possible she could be semi-retired all together, since I don't see her doing very many lectures outside the show anymore.