Where's the love for Rocky and Bullwinkle?

MissMusical12

Reaction score
I am unsure, as both "Moosylvania" and "Moosylvania Saved" are among the very few story arcs I actually HAVEN'T seen.

Actually, I haven't seen much of Season Five, save for "Bumbling Bros. Circus", "Mucho Loma", "Pottsylvania Creeper", "The Ruby Yacht of Omar Kayam", and "Wossamotta U."... and I've NEVER seen the Season Five DVD ANYWHERE.
The entire Season 5 is on Youtube, if you wanna check it out.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am unsure, as both "Moosylvania" and "Moosylvania Saved" are among the very few story arcs I actually HAVEN'T seen.
I have the old Buena Vista VHS with both story lines shoved into it. I forget which one it is, and it's heavily edited to combine episodes for better run time as a VHS. I actually have all the Buena Vista tapes (I had to get Vincent Van Moose used, though), and the barely legal Goodtimes VHS set. I only got the first 2 seasons. Dunno if I want to just get the 100% Bull full series set, as it might be cheaper than tracking them all down.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Here's something I've been looking for for awhile: The opening to Bullwinkle's Moose-O-Rama, the Nickelodeon airings of the show.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
CN had a similar opening to Rocky and Bullwinkle themselves.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have the old Buena Vista VHS with both story lines shoved into it. I forget which one it is, and it's heavily edited to combine episodes for better run time as a VHS.
That VHS is Whistler's Moose.

I thought it was odd that they needed to combine two parts of two separate four-part episodes for one video. I also think it's odd that this is the only one of the Buena Vista tapes to include any four-chapter stories. But a year ago I finally noticed that the average run time is inconsistient. Some are nearly 48 minutes, some 38 minutes, some close to 52.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The episodes were edited together to make better mileage of being on VHS. Sometimes, entire episodes were cut, like the case with Box Top Robbery (it completely cut out the section where they got locked in the clock tower and Bullwinkle hangs outside the clock... but then again, it wasn't integral to the plot). Sadly, you lose the "Tune in Next Times" and it does tend to make inconsistencies and mistakes stick out that much more (like the ever changing formula in Banana Formula), but it works best for marathon play.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When WGN America aired Rocky and Bullwinkle for a short time here a few years ago, I remember they managed to make a "movie" out of playing the "Wossamotta U." episodes back to back, they just simply removed the opening and closing credits from each episode.

Erine81981

Reaction score
It's airing again on VH1 Classics. Love the show and who would have known that my next door neighbor (every summer) we would watch them on Nick and then act them out later that evening. Awsome good times thses shows brought us.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Rocky and Bullwinkle are on VH1 Classic? What's next, Sesame Street Unpaved on MTV2?