1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Where's Waldorf on Celebrating Dave Goelz?

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Disneys Muppets, Jul 16, 2004.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Disneys Muppets

Disneys Muppets New Member

Where's Waldorf on Celebrating Dave Goelz

Where's Waldorf on Celebrating Dave Goelz? Dave Goelz Proformed him too? :confused:
  2. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Waldorf was played by Jim Henson:concern:
  3. Princeton

Princeton Guest

Waldorf was indeed played by Jim, but after his death Dave took over. Personally, I wouldn't consider Waldorf to be a Dave character because he hasn't performed him for that long and it seems that he doesn't try to stay true to Jim's voice for him.
  4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Those characters which appear in that header are the ones originally performed by Dave, not any that he took over for later. Dave's responsible for the creation of the personality of the characters shown. That's the difference.

He is awesome with Waldorf!
  5. bobhopesite

bobhopesite Active Member

Its like when Steve Whitmire took Kermit after Jim Henson died. Plus Beaker, when Richird Hunt died.
  6. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

What's celebrating Dave Goelz?
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

Back during Dave's birthday there was a special menu header atop the homepage of Muppet Central. It had a picture of Dave's head and all his original characters, and this thread came up asking why Waldorf, who he took over after Jim died, wasn't on the header. That's all.
  8. moke'schocolate

moke'schocolate New Member

I will write Kevin Clash a third letter and send a Christmas card along with it. I hope he will write me back, although I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.
  9. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

I agree. Dave is more famous for :concern: :confused: Zoot and Beauregard. He only replaced Henson when performing :sleep: . Though on the other hand, I've noticed Kermit and Beaker on the Steve Whitmire menu. Maybe it would have been a good idea to include Waldorf on Dave's menu.
  10. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Remember only 7 characters can go in the menu with Dave. I would not count Waldorf in Dave's top 7 characters, although he is a good Dave character.