Which 2010 Virmup video should win the next Webby?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Just for fun.

The Muppets and their YouTube viral videos have won the Webby Awards two years in a row so far. First, :eek:'s "Ode to Joy" won the 2009 Webby's, followed by "Bohemian Rhapsody" in 2010.

Out of the 4 Muppet viral videos that debuted on YouTube this year ("Beaker's Ballad", "Stand by Me", "American Woman" and "Popcorn"), which one do you think should take home the next Webby?

Personally, I thought all those vids were delightful, but my vote goes to "Popcorn" :hungry:.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Either American Woman or Stand By Me should win, but I bet Beaker's Ballad will get nominated, and rightfully so, speaking as both a classic rocker and Muppet fan.

That reason also goes for American woman, not to mention it made me laugh HARD the first time I saw it.

Nick22

Reaction score
i vote popcorn! :hungry: hilarious, classic swedish chef. i loved it

Drtooth

Reaction score
That reason also goes for American woman, not to mention it made me laugh HARD the first time I saw it.
I tend to think out of all of them, American Woman is highly underrated. It's a great video, and it showcases a character that ISN'T the Chef or Beaker. I love those characters, I do... but it seems those are the only ones (with Animal) people seem to generally want to watch. Pop corn was great, but I really feel that American Woman had me laughing a LOT more. Why, it put the gag further ahead of the music.

Davina

Reaction score
Have to agree, as much as I love them all, American Woman had the biggest (IMHO) payoff in getting Sam involved (and hoodwinked, yet again...)

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Have to agree, as much as I love them all, American Woman had the biggest (IMHO) payoff in getting Sam involved (and hoodwinked, yet again...)
It's just his sheer obliviousness to everything (Statue of Liberty is French, karaoke is Japanese, American Woman was done by a Canadian band, yet the Canadian bit made Sam fly off the handle) that made the short work. Personally, it was the funniest Virmup since Beaker's Ballad.

aussiepuppeteer

Reaction score
i loved how Sam was brought in for American Woman, but i also loved Beaker's Ballad haha :wink:. Things never go right for him do they? :eek: