which do you think will be finished first?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
which of the following do you think will be completed first:

The Muppet Show complete season sets
The Muppet Show episode guides on Muppet Central
or
My Week With The Muppet Show (at Toughpigs.com)?

I think that the season sets will be done first. The first season episode guide at Muppet central was first online in may 2002, and season 2 was in december 2003. at this rate it will probably take six more years at least.

The reviews at tough Pigs started in march 2002, and while the first few articles were there close to the same time, only four weeks worth have been reviewed.

Currently, we don't know how frequently the season sets will be released. I expect at least one a year, and would be surprised if three or four seasons were released next year (although it would be great if the series was completed next year).

Super Scooter

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
Currently, we don't know how frequently the season sets will be released. I expect at least one a year, and would be surprised if three or four seasons were released next year (although it would be great if the series was completed next year).
Usually when shows are released to DVD, they release more than just one a year. Seinfeld only just started this year, and there's already three sets of episodes out for that show. The Star Trek series have rolled along rather quickly, Enterpirse is already coming out. I was just told the Star Trek shows come out at least three a year. M*A*S*H is almost completed, and it didn't take eleven years to release the DVDs. The Muppet Show could very well be completed by the end of next year.

And I sure hope it is... :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Also depends how many seasons there are. I dunno, sometimes they will come out with 1 or 2 seasons on dvd and then you never see the rest of the series. I am not saying that will happen with The Muppet Show, though. A few years ago I got season 1 set of The Mary Tyler Moore Show on dvd. It has been quite a few years now and I have not seen even a preview of a season 2. Disappointing especially seeing season 1 at the video store today. They advertised that season 2 would be coming soon on one of those little inserts in the box, but it never came.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Also depends how many seasons there are. I dunno, sometimes they will come out with 1 or 2 seasons on dvd and then you never see the rest of the series. I am not saying that will happen with The Muppet Show, though. A few years ago I got season 1 set of The Mary Tyler Moore Show on dvd. It has been quite a few years now and I have not seen even a preview of a season 2. Disappointing especially seeing season 1 at the video store today. They advertised that season 2 would be coming soon on one of those little inserts in the box, but it never came.
I think I saw Season 2 at my local suncoast last week.

BEAR

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I think I saw Season 2 at my local suncoast last week.
Really? Thats odd. I wonder why I haven't seen it at all.

Ernie101

Reaction score
Bear, I usually have this problem at many of my local stores. I can never find what I want when it is out, even when I know they have it at their other locations. It makes me mad, when I can't find what I want... Like The married with children seasons.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, now that Season 1 has been released, I am convinced that the DVD sets will be finished first.

This set only has a small nubmer of features. There was no room for the Jim Henson retrospective, The Muppet Valentine Show, or series premier insertials (whatever those are). The only feature created especially for the DVD set was Muppet Morsels. I do not know how long it would take to type those up and then edit them to include on the release.

It has been said that the average waiting time between season sets from Disney is 3-13 months, even though most season sets from Disney don't have any features.

Not counting teh morsels, this set has almost as many features as the Rocky and Bullwinkle season sets, which have been released once a year so far.

I would be extremely surprised if Danny Horn finished his My Week with The Muppet Show articles before every season was released (unless, of course, the sets don't sell and Disney chooses not to release every season). I am sure that there will be one or two seasons released per year in 2006 and 2007 (I could be wrong). If I am right, then the DVD sets will come faster than the guides at Muppet Central, since there normally seems to be a gap of at least one year per guide.