Which element is more important?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
This is to ferret out where our Muppet priorities lie (although I think I know the answer already- I'm kind of just wanting to confirm).

Would you trade special features for a fully uncut season? That is to say, if the cost of restoring all 24 episodes in a season to their uncut state could be accomplished by eliminating all special features, would you be in favor of the idea?

Bear in mind, I have NO IDEA if such a compromise is actually feasible, or how restrictive certain music rights were, or if certain music rights were unavailable period. I am just asking those of us assembled here which is the more important of the two: special features or an uncut season.

Discuss.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Beauregard

Reaction score
Nah...

I'd rather have one or two songs gone, and stuff like the Valentine Special. That just my opinion...

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hmm tough choice. While I'd really like to have all the episodes uncut, I think the bonus features like the pitch reel and the pilot are great, as well as the Muppet Morsels.

Still... it would be a great idea to have a separate disc with BOTH pilots on it and then uncut seasson episodes, that would be ideal to me :halo:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Bonus material all the way; I might give up certain features (like Muppetisms, only I can't imagine them bleeding those to death much further) for more show time; but in actuality, I'm getting the box set for the special features.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Well, it's ncie to celebrate the set too, rather than just throw it out on dvd and buy it. Personally, since there's only a few missing, it's not enough to make me upset, and the reasoning is prefectly understandable.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
Hmm tough choice. While I'd really like to have all the episodes uncut, I think the bonus features like the pitch reel and the pilot are great, as well as the Muppet Morsels.

Still... it would be a great idea to have a separate disc with BOTH pilots on it and then uncut seasson episodes, that would be ideal to me :halo:
I highly agree.The missing song from the Vincent Price episode left an empty space at the end & All of Me too was a good sketch.I do like the bonus footage,morsels,etc...but still the episodes were made a certain way.Imagine what had to be done to get those songs to begin with.I'll say it once again,I have the memories of once was,but will probably never be.Lastly,to think about,imagine your favorite: book,song,movie without a certain: chapter,scene,lyric;how would you feel?Imagine if the tracking shot was cut from the opening of The Muppet Movie,or if the ballroom scene(Within You) was cut from Labyrinth.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I would let go of the special features to obtain an entirely uncut season, and here's why:

Money.

They could still sell the other shows (Pilots, specials, etc) on another dvd and make more money from those.

Possibly, by doing that the amount of money coming in ultimately might balance out the difference for paying for music rights if that's the case.

Not to mention more people would pick up the DVDs uncut, because I've seen many posts where people were cancelling their orders for the DVD set and saying they didn't want it if it was cut.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
bonus features

considering that only a few things were cut (and I've seen most of the cut scenes anyway) I would go with features. If Disney had to cut scenes from every episode, or if more than 70 percent of a season (or if Disney cut at least one scene from every episode that I haven't seen but not the ones I have seen) were cut just so Disney could include features, then uncut episodes would be more of a priority, althouhg I would still be bummed over not having muppet morsels.