Which Gonzo

Saironi

Reaction score
Which version of Gonzo was better?

season 1:
He had a down-and-out look to go with his slightly depressed attitude and a sarcastic and quiet tone to his voice when talking about his acts, seeming to secretly thinking they might not be liked or appreciated. He was also whiney, but not constantly.

season2:
He had a new look and function in his eyes, his acts weren't AS dumb as they use to be. He was a little more energetic, but not totally, as if secretly he was still worried that no one liked him or his act.

modern:
They kind of killed his original character by making him so crazy, as some fans of his original self agree (and frankly, so do I).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I like the modern one for the most part. His craziness now is just an outward manifestation of his inner boisterousness, as opposed to earlier when he would more often morph his inner qualities into artistic acts. Same character, just he now uses a slightly different way to display his character.

rumtar_10165

Reaction score
I would say the one in The Muppet Movie To me he really looked defined.:concern:

jediX

Reaction score
Don't forget the transitional JHH era where Gonzo "normalized" a little bit and settled back with Camilla. He was still good ol weird Gonzo, but it wasn't over the top and he began to develop strong and distinct connections with the main cast. I personally prefer this period in time because he didn't have that annoying checkered shirt that he's always wearing in modern promo material. That shirt gives me a headache.

Sylinde Bren

Reaction score
I agree with jedix. I love him as a character and that will never ever change, but the time, I think, where Gonzo was perfect was back in the Jim Henson Hour days.