1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Which MR Muppet Replica should I buy?

Discussion in 'Muppet Replicas' started by mwells, Dec 28, 2008.

1. mwells

mwells New Member

I am new to this forum and am 30 years old and have been a Muppet fan since I was very young. I am able to afford just one of the Muppet replcias and it just so happens that they have made my three favirotes. My question is, which one should I get Kermit, Gonzo or animal which is the best?
  2. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

If you can find a Kermit he'd be my first choice. Gonzo is also another good choice. Animal...well, he takes some fussing with to get to look right and he's more expensive so I'd say Kermit or Gonzo. Gonzo is my favorite, but I'm biased as he's my favorite Muppet.

And Welcome to the Forum!
  3. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

Go for kermit-he is the cheapest and had the least problems.He also is the main focal muppet.
  4. Kevin Knight

Kevin Knight New Member

5. Carnby

Carnby New Member

Kermit is just plain rad, and since he was made first and has been out of stock for a year or two, I'd go with him if only to get him out of the way. Ok that didn't sound very positive, but face it- his price will only go up. Animal, from GOOD pictures I've seen looks incredible and had it not been for finding Kermit in-stock on a site, I would've gotten him first. Plus he's around $200-220 on a few sites and for his sheer size, that's great.
  6. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Personally, I would go for Animal - I don't know why but he gets the most attention in my display. I assume it could be that most Kermit soft toys do resemble Kermit quite accurately to the naked eye (to the uneducated! ! ! ! !) but there had never been an Animal that looks anything like the puppet. The detail in the clothing and the feathers actually make him look like a really high quality replica (which he is).

But then again, the Gonzo replica is genuinely breath taking. I know alot of people have griped about the accuracy of Gonzo (including myself), however it was Gonzo who really blew me away the most when I got him.

I s'pose, to sum up - you can't go wrong with any of them!
  7. rtgentry

rtgentry Member

I totally agree with you. Espicially about animal and your reaction to gonzo as mine was the same
  8. MuppetCaper

MuppetCaper Active Member

I would also go with Kermit as well. He is really easy to work with and he is fun to pose. :)
  9. GonzoScooter04

GonzoScooter04 New Member

Gonzo Replica and is it worth it?

I would go with Gonzo because he just looks amazing.:concern:

Question: I am going to buy the Gonzo replica and someone ask is it worth spending $200 bucks on it. What do you who have the Gonzo Replica think? Is it Worth it?

Please help
  10. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

The price on Kermit appears to be slowing increasing over the past year while it appears Animal and Gonzo may be nearing the bottom as they're now well under $200.

By the way if you purchase any items like the replicas through a link like this one, part of your purchase will help support MC, so keep that in mind if you are considering a replica purchase.
  11. antonydavanzo

antonydavanzo New Member

Save and buy all 3! Once you get 1 you will want the others, I would get Kermit 1st as he is the hardest to find, though as Reeevz said Animal does get the most attention....good luck
  12. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I have all three, however, I would say, try to find Kermit first, there are a few deals out there.

Leanne
    x
  13. mwells

mwells New Member

Muppet Replicas

Well ordered Kermit and Gonzo so far I managed to get the money for those two and would relaly like to get animal soon but he does not seem to be that hard to find at the moment. Did I make a good decision?
  14. GonzoScooter04

GonzoScooter04 New Member

Yes I think u did becuz I see like one or two ads for kermit like 4 for gonzo and a ton for animal trust me animal ain't going anywhere if anything kermit is disappearing.

Ps I ordered gonzo and he should be here soon pike Thursday!can't wait!

-:concern:;) 04
  15. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

That's great! Upon the arrival of these very cool items you should keep in mind that they look a little stiff and corpse-like at first, but after you soften them up and get them right where you want them they do spring to life. They also seem to look even more fantastic every day! I am so glad to have my collection.
  16. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

That's the thing with me, I have Gonzo and Kermit, I would hope to have Animal soon, his price is going down, which is great, :halo:.

Right now, I would say Animal is very impressive looking. But since I have two out of three, I think I enjoy Kermit a bit more as far as display, but Gonzo is neater to look at, if that helps :)
  17. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I love all three, but I think I like Kermit the best (despite Gonzo being my favorite character).

I think the reason is because Kermit doesn't have any clothes or anything, he's very simple. And there is something to be said about simplicity.
  18. mwells

mwells New Member

There Here

Well I just got the Kermit and Gonzo replica today. I have not even taken them out of the box yet as I am at work. Do you guys hav any tips on posing them? What to do, What not to do type things? Anything I have to be careful with etc? Thanks!
  19. LewZealand

LewZealand New Member

Well I finally gave in after months of almost buying one, and picked up Gonzo. It was my intention just to get the one. But after seeing just how breathtaking he is, I now have Kermit and Animal en route.

So I would recommend, if you really only want to get one, don't make it Gonzo! ;-)
  20. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

With Gonzo, you should totally be careful of his hair.

When it comes to posing that's up to you dude, whatever you can image :).