Which Muppet Character Should Have A Bigger Role?

SpudMahna

Reaction score
Just curious...

Which muppet do you think should have a bigger role? I mean, there are tons of muppets that went from being a main character to almost nothing, such as Scooter, who hasn't been on the scene for quite a while. There are even muppets who have never really been used much at all! So which muppet(s) do you think should have a bigger role, OR should have a big role again, like they used to in the past.

For me...

I'd have to say Scooter, Sweetums, Dr. Teeth, Swedish Chef, Rowlf, JAnice, Lips, and Mahna Mahna.:big_grin:

Luke

Reaction score
I'd say Gonzo, because he's being shoved aside a bit for Pepe, and also both Clueless Morgan and Swedish Chef. It'd be good to see them do more with the Mayhem too - maybe they could release an album and go on the late night talk shows ! LOL !

SpudMahna

Reaction score
Luke said:
I'd say Gonzo, because he's being shoved aside a bit for Pepe, and also both Clueless Morgan and Swedish Chef. It'd be good to see them do more with the Mayhem too - maybe they could release an album and go on the late night talk shows ! LOL !
I don't know how you could say Gonzo because he just had a movie all about him about 4 years ago!:concern: However, the Mayhem, clueless morgan, and the Swedish Chef i agree with. Now, about that talk show...(lol):big_grin:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Luke said:
It would be good to see more of the swedish chef and rowlf. It would also be nice to see more muppet shows maybe a new tv show or movie, it would be totally excellent. We never got the muppet christmas special on tv here which was sad so we havent seen anything new since muppets from space.

I feel sad that many characters arent seen at all now, the ones that Jim and richard hunt performed arent seen much now like scooter, beaureguard, guy smiley, the newsreader.
I have heard that it is hard to find new voices of these characters and there might not be a puppet they are able to use.

:sympathy:

SpudMahna

Reaction score
drspy00 said:
It would be good to see more of the swedish chef and rowlf. It would also be nice to see more muppet shows maybe a new tv show or movie, it would be totally excellent. We never got the muppet christmas special on tv here which was sad so we havent seen anything new since muppets from space.

I feel sad that many characters arent seen at all now, the ones that Jim and richard hunt performed arent seen much now like scooter, beaureguard, guy smiley, the newsreader.
I have heard that it is hard to find new voices of these characters and there might not be a puppet they are able to use.

:sympathy:
"Sniff" it makes me soooo sad thinking about how Richard & Jim's characters have been pushed into the background. :cry:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
My best pal, Lin, and I were discussing JHC Muppet Movie projects.

We both agreed 100% that 2 movies they NEED to make is a Pigs In Space film, with Link, Piggy, and Strangepork at the helm; and a film about The Electric Mayhem, their humble beginnings until they decide to settle in at a Presbyterian church to set up a mellow and profitable rock-n-roll coffee shop.

SpudMahna

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
My best pal, Lin, and I were discussing JHC Muppet Movie projects.

We both agreed 100% that 2 movies they NEED to make is a Pigs In Space film, with Link, Piggy, and Strangepork at the helm; and a film about The Electric Mayhem, their humble beginnings until they decide to settle in at a Presbyterian church to set up a mellow and profitable rock-n-roll coffee shop.
Yeah! And maybe u could do how Bunsen and Beaker met! lol:confused::eek:

Gerard

Reaction score
Luke said:
Yeh, Pepe :rolleyes: should be a minor character, I know some people like him but...

I reckon they should bring Swedish Chef, Janice :flirt: and Scooter :wink: back.

SpudMahna

Reaction score
Gerard said:
Yeh, Pepe :rolleyes: should be a minor character, I know some people like him but...

I reckon they should bring Swedish Chef, Janice :flirt: and Scooter :wink: back.
Actually, i think Pepe's doing fine in the spotlight.:rolleyes: Also, I'm seeing a lot of swedish chefs and rowlfs up here. just so everyone knows, i totally agree. It just isnt the same without them.:sympathy:

Gonzo

Reaction score
I do think it's a shame that Rowlf, Scooter and Janice have been completely pushed aside--I'm hoping with projects like VMX they're starting to return to new Muppet projects. I think the Electric Mayhem should be restored to the prominence it once had, and I think the ideas of like an "EM Behind the Music" would be hee-larious.

That said, I think some characters are "second-string" and are great in that role, but I don't think I'd ever want to see "THE PEPE MOVIE, OKAY!!!"

And I'm not quite feeling the Clueless Morgan love. I think he was funny in MTI, but can't really see him functioning as a part of the Muppet ensemble. If you're going to do that, just bring Beau back. :sympathy:

AND, when Luke mentioned Gonzo, I think they should bring back Camilla, and Gonzo's craziness. He's become a bit...dull...lately? Even in "MFS," he wasn't the freak he could have been. Goodness knows I love my Gonzo, even the quiet, introspective Gonzo of late, but I miss the freakshow.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnnn