WHich Muppets were featured in the Muppets Tonight?

golden teeth

Reaction score
I know that Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Rizzo, Sam, Animal, Statler and Waldorf, Hunnydew and Beaker and Lew Zealand were on the show, but was Scooter, The Electric Mayhem(other than Animal), Rowlf, Crazy Harry or any other Muppets ever on the show?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Janice was in the pilot episode but had no lines. That was the only time she was used. Floyd and Zoot were there as well.

Floyd did make another appearence playing a violin in a episode.

Zoot played his saxaphone and jammed with Animal, Clifford, Poodlepants, and Billy Crystal in a jazz song. Zoot didn't have any lines in that episode.

Rowlf played the pianoon a song with Garth Brooks singing in an episode and actully mumbled some which led the audience to hear Rowlf's voice for the first time in years.

Beauregard showed up and I think had a few lines, but I don't know which episode he showed up in.

I believe Dr. Strangepork, from the old Pigs In space sketches, also showed up once and a few lines in an episode.

Scooter, however, did not show up in any episode of Muppets Tonight.

That's all the info I know. Anybody else can respond.

ryan

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Beauregard showed up and I think had a few lines, but I don't know which episode he showed up in.
I remember he was in the closing segment of the Tony Bennett episode. They somehow locked the real Tony in that glass case where the fake one was in earlier. Beau commented how life-like he was(or something like that) and then left Tony in the case. He may have shows up elsewhere but that's the only one I can remember.

I believe Dr. Strangepork, from the old Pigs In space sketches, also showed up once and a few lines in an episode.
I believe Strangepork appeared in one of the Bay of Pigswatch sketches as some kind of inspector. I forget which episode that was.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
In addition to all the new characters (Pepe the King Prawn, Bobo the Bear, Johnny Fiama, Sal Manilla, Spamela Hamderson, Dr. Phil Van Neuter, Mulch, Bill the Bubble Guy...) there were many returning Muppet stars; including:

Andy & Randy Pig, Beaker, Bean Bunny, Beauregard, Clifford, Clueless Morgan, Crazy Harry, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Dr. Julius Strangepork, Fozzie Bear, George the Janitor, Gonzo The Great, J.P. Gross, Kermit The Frog, Lenny the Lizard, Lew Zealand, Miss Piggy, the Muppet Newsman, Polly Lobster, Rizzo The Rat, Rowlf The Dog, Sgt. Floyd Pepper, Sam The Eagle, the Snowths, Statler & Waldorf, Swedish Chef, Sweetums, Zoot, and many more classic characters.

For a full list of the puppets on the show check out this page: http://www.hensondb.h-rytter.dk/main.php?TB=3&id=56&sog=lprod&PHPSESSID=92d84aa1591cadb47322b51847ff78b2