1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Which old Sesame Street Characters could return for Season 50?

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Oct 23, 2018.

1. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Don Music and How Now Brown Cow are completely done for because, bad influence and dated. Same with it, Miami Mice. Plus Kermit is done by Mat Vogel now. The only characters I can seeing returning are Biff, Sully, and Sherlock Hemlock.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Late reply, but I think How Now could actually come back as a one time gig to still parody some 80's songs/music videos.... Let's not forget, last year we got an 80's mashup video.

3. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

Outside the cameo appearance in Season 40 and voiced by Jerry Nelson one last time. It was a touching moment to see as a fan.

4. MuppetSpot

Plus he got a plush from Gund for the 35th anniversary

5. Buff Beaker

Buff Beaker Well-Known Member

Man there are so many characters i want to return to the show including Hoots the Owl. If it was possible I want the Around the Corner set and characters to come back.

6. MuppetSpot

From the stories I heard, they can’t bring back the Around the Corner side due to both studio rental cost and some of the set being destroyed.

7. Buff Beaker

That's sad :( but if they really wanted to they could do a spin off about around the corner with new characters on HBO and have cameos from the sesame gang.

8. MuppetSpot

If I was to run a spin-off for Sesame Street, I would focus more on some of the secondary characters like Telly, Herry, The Count, Ernie, etc. So they don’t become forgotten.

LittleJerry92 and Blue Frackle like this.
  9. Buff Beaker

Yeah that would be a great idea too! It seems like they are making a bigger comeback in season 49 especially count, ernie, and bert.

10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

The fact we live in a time where those are "secondary characters". :cry:

11. MuppetSpot

Okay to be fair Herry never got any level over secondary.

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

You know, it’s a stretch, but why not have some reccuring Old West baddies like Sinister Sam or Bad Bart return?

Granted, I could tell both were originally intended to be one-season characters (Sam in season 3 and Bart in season 5, both who eventually made comebacks in new clothes/facial features), but still, just a suggestion.

Heck. Why not even the Beetles?

13. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Well-Known Member

Doing a brief Forgetful Jones moment could be possible if they don’t let him speak through it. That could work, right ?

14. MuppetSpot

I guess so but, if feels weird without hearing Forgetful’s voice.

15. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Well-Known Member

Yes, but he also had a silent cameo in Elmo Saves Christmas.

16. Buff Beaker

I think it would be great if Tau Bennett got a character of his own either a new character or a old character like Murray Monster or Hoots the owl.

Froggy Fool and LittleJerry92 like this.
  17. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Murray ain't comin' back. And I doubt Hoots would either, but if Gladys and Herry came back, maybe? But now that Tau Bennett is a credited performer, i'm definitely interested to see what kinds of things he'll get to do.

18. MuppetSpot

I’d rather see characters that have longevity return like Sherlock Hemlock or Benny Rabbit.

19. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Who is Tau playing on the show?

20. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

He's just a background performer / right hander.

Pig's Laundry likes this.