1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Which Project Puppet pattern, melon head or rotundo for Animal?

Discussion in 'Puppet Building and Performing' started by Ed G, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Ed G

Ed G New Member

Greetings,
    I am a long-time reader and a first-time poster.
    I'm making an Animal replica puppet for/with my daughter this summer. I have made simpler puppets in the past through Project Puppet. I am asking for advice on whether I should use the melonhead pattern or spring for the rotundo pattern. I am also trying to create an eye mech that will make Animal blink so the puppet pattern I use should have room for the eye mech.
    Any advice would be helpful and appreciated. I'd like to use melonhead if I can help it.
    Best,
    Ed
  2. Animal31

Animal31 Active Member

I bet you could get away with the melonhead, I did a puppet using that pattern with blinking eyes before. Just increase the pattern another 10% and use 1" foam so it won't "squish" when you use the eye mech....