Which Sesame Street storyline should come to DVD/Blu-ray?

mbmfrog

Reaction score
For a show that has a 50 year history, Sesame Street has it share of unique storylines. However which of the many stories from the street should come to DVD and Blu-ray for modern audiences to enjoy ?

For a list of Sesame Street storylines look no further than here: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Sesame_Street_story_arcs

dwayne1115

Reaction score

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I would like to see the Mr. Hooper death episode to be fully released on DVD.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'd kind of like to see the Slimey to the Worm episodes get ported out. It's notable, it's a more recent story arc on that list (despite being 20 years ago when it happened), and it could get some newer kids interested in space and whatnot. Although I'm not sure how it could work without getting edited a bit, since it's eleven hour-long episodes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When it comes to multi-part arcs, I feel the Hawaii episodes would be the best choice. They seem to be more fondly remembered than other multi-part trips. I recall reading an article about the episodes back in 2007 saying that they were clearing things to make a video release possible, since then all we've gotten were a couple clips on DVD (I'm surprised Sesame Workshop hasn't even officially uploaded any of the clips online, it seems a lot of the Hawaii scenes are stand-alone).

Next, I'd say the Puerto Rico and Camp Echo Rock storyarcs, since part 1 of both was included in Old School Vol. 3. It'd be great to have the rest of those arcs released (I wonder if they ever considered including scenes from the remaining episodes as bonus features).

Then I'd say the two-weeks of the Fix-It Shop being refurbished (which we don't have any images from on the wiki) and the week that Hooper's Store was rebuilt.

And then I'd like to say the episodes where Luis broke his arm. I assume that was a multi-part arc. Not much is known about those episodes.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Any with minor chararacters that make once in a lifetime street appearances.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just last night, I thought of something that would make for a great 50th anniversary set, though it'd probably appeal to the hardcore fans a lot more than casual audiences (if that matters): A disc or set containing 50 inserts or street scenes that haven't been seen in years. Meaning ones that don't have images on the wiki.

Not sure how aware the people at Sesame Workshop are of what's rare or not (well, I'd expect Joe from Tough Pigs to be aware), but anybody compiling such a release could check the Muppet Wiki sandbox page for unidentified segments, listing inserts that the wiki currently doesn't have images for, not to mention looking at the list of Sesame Street episodes page that has a way to identify if an episode has a full guide, a full guide without images, a page but not a full guide, and if there's currently no page on the wiki. Those would be good research tools for determining rare segments/street scenes to include (and if they were to focus on 50 but include street stories, would they count all street scenes as one or multiple segments?).

Of course even if they were to compile such a special release and go through the effort to see what segments don't have images on the wiki, who's to say that some of the segments chosen wouldn't somehow surface online by the time such a release came out?

Two other, somewhat niche ideas I thought of on a similar concept, would be a release of 50 rare Big Bird clips and 50 rare Oscar the Grouch clips, be they street scenes, street stories, or inserts that don't have any images online.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Just last night, I thought of something that would make for a great 50th anniversary set, though it'd probably appeal to the hardcore fans a lot more than casual audiences (if that matters): A disc or set containing 50 inserts or street scenes that haven't been seen in years. Meaning ones that don't have images on the wiki.

Not sure how aware the people at Sesame Workshop are of what's rare or not (well, I'd expect Joe from Tough Pigs to be aware), but anybody compiling such a release could check the Muppet Wiki sandbox page for unidentified segments, listing inserts that the wiki currently doesn't have images for, not to mention looking at the list of Sesame Street episodes page that has a way to identify if an episode has a full guide, a full guide without images, a page but not a full guide, and if there's currently no page on the wiki. Those would be good research tools for determining rare segments/street scenes to include (and if they were to focus on 50 but include street stories, would they count all street scenes as one or multiple segments?).

Of course even if they were to compile such a special release and go through the effort to see what segments don't have images on the wiki, who's to say that some of the segments chosen wouldn't somehow surface online by the time such a release came out?

Two other, somewhat niche ideas I thought of on a similar concept, would be a release of 50 rare Big Bird clips and 50 rare Oscar the Grouch clips, be they street scenes, street stories, or inserts that don't have any images online.
I agree as I have always thought of something similar to this as it would be the BEST OF Sesame Street 50th anniversary edition.

Plus anything to get the Wicked Witch of the West finally released to the public is a bonus.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
  • Big Bird meeting Snuffy for the first time, and the adults not believing in him all along
  • The vacation episodes (Montana, etc).
  • Birth of Gabriella