1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Who all is in the Electric Mayhem?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by ryhoyarbie, May 25, 2004.

1. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

I just came from Tough Pigs and there was a thread about who all do you consider to be in the Electric Mayhem?
    Example, we all know of the original 5, that being of Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, and Animal. But who else do you consider to be in the band. Would it be Lips, Clifford, Rowlf the dog, Trumpet Lady, or someone else?

For me, it's the original 5 and Lips.

ryan

2. janicegroupie

janicegroupie Well-Known Member

I'd have to agree with you ryhoyarbie. I think the Electric Mayhem will always be :D :flirt: :sing: :cool: :halo: and Lips to me. Lips did come a little later but he just seems to fit. I don't think I'd consider any other Muppets a part of that totally underratted band though.

3. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Me neither, or maybe just maybe Clifford...

4. teebs

teebs Well-Known Member

I agree, they are underrated. They're an awesome band!

I like lips a lot, but I don't think I like him as part of The Electric Mayhem. Maybe I haven't seen enough of him to make an educated decision, but the original 5 just seem so perfect that I don't think they really need anyone else.

5. fozziebearcub

fozziebearcub Member

Electric Mayhem are original 5 for me
    I consider others to be guests lol

PS Janice is like sooo coooll lol

6. ryhoyarbie

Now if only in the next muppet prodiction the Electric Mayhem would have speaking roles and a few songs to play. Now that'll make my day.

ryan

7. Xerus

Xerus Well-Known Member

They created Lips so Steve Whitmire could be part of the Electric Mayhem and I guess Clifford was added so Kevin Clash could be part of it too.

8. Lazy J

Lazy J Active Member

Here Here!
    My bigest let down with MFS was the sound track. I mean I own sevral "Sounds of the 70's" and "FUNK-a-Rama" and "Fan-FUNK-ing Tastic" type cds already. I wanted to hear the EM!

9. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Dr Teeth, Janice, Floyd, Zoot, and Animal, and Lips, is who I would concider the rightfull members of 'lecy Mayhem, and in that order.

10. Joggy

Joggy Well-Known Member

Funny, my order is Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Zoot, Janice and Animal. Probably because that's how they were introduced in the Muppet Movie and the Cleo Laine episode of the Muppet Show.

I do consider Lips a part of the Mayhem because he's been a part of them in multiple productions. They've played the entire fifth season of the Muppet Show, The Great Muppet Caper, A Muppet Family Christmas and Muppets At Disney World with him. However I do see him as an 'addition', and I mostly think of the band as the five classics.

Clifford is not a part of them. Clifford is the bass player for Solid Foam. He hung out with the band in Disney World, and sat in with them, but I consider that the same as (for instance) Rowlf sitting in with them on the Muppet show. They just threw Clifford in with the band because Kevin Clash had no other characters and no other place to go.
    (I still think they made a mistake by not making more of Leon. Now there's a great Muppet that would hang out perfectly with Kermit and Gonzo)

11. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Here's my choices:
    EM BAND
    Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Animal, Zoot, Janice (who actually dated both Dr. Teeth a little while and Floyd since forever, right?). I add Lips in that mix because he is a trumpeter, and in some songs it seems that there's more than one horn (isn't there?) anyways.

Solid Foam broke down after JHH, and Clifford was looking for a gig, so he began to sit in with the EM. I consider him a sit-in with the band, and probably doing some kind of solo gigs and open-mike nite.

Rowlf is a sit-in for sure. He's a classical pianist and performer, but he brings the acoustic piano sound to the band when they need it.

Remember TMS's orchestra pit? There were a LOT of others. Crazy Harry on triangle (right) and more. Trumpet lady anybody?

12. Joggy

Joggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, but since Dr. Teeth has never been part of the orchestra pit, I don't consider people like Rowlf, Nigel, Trumpet Lady, Crazy Harry etc. part of his Electric Mayhem.

It's more the other way around. Band members from the Mayhem - usually Floyd, Zoot, Animal and Lips, and occasionally Janice - would sit in with the orchestra.

Rowlf and Trumpet Lady did sit in with Dr. Teeth a few times. Other sit-ins were various brass players, a bongo player, the jug band's banjo/marimba player, Rizzo on percussion, frog backup singers, Inspector LaBrea on saxophone... et cetera.

13. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder Well-Known Member

I agree lips is definately apart of the band! Maybe Clifford also but im not sure. I know he's be in the band now if a new muppet show was on.

14. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Well-Known Member

I consider the original 5 to be THE Electric Mayhem. Why? Because in the movie, even after Lips existed, it was just the five of them. Lips is, to me, like Dizzy Reed from guns n' roses....he sits in with the band for lots of concerts and is even on afew albums, but he's not really part of the band...more like hired help.

the others are the same, but even less likely to be considered...

and rowlf...I'd say he's like a solo artist that's sitting in with the band...like, The Electric Mayhem Featuring Rowlf!

15. teebs

teebs Well-Known Member

She dated Zoot too, didn't she?

16. jrhzoot

jrhzoot Active Member

Could anyone please post a pic of Lips in Muppets At Disney World and A Muppet Family Christmas? Thanks, it would be very much appreciated and also interesting to see.

17. ryhoyarbie

18. wembleyfraggle

wembleyfraggle Well-Known Member

Lips is in the Great Muppet Caper Also! He is seen very clearly!
    Tyler

19. Joggy

Joggy Well-Known Member

Lips played a trumpet solo in Disney World, but that was his only (brief) appearance on that special.

Didn't he also appear in Christmas Carol at Fozziwig's party?

20. ryhoyarbie

Ya he was there with the band.

ryan