Who are the round-headed muppets?

GOT

Reaction score
I'm just getting into the Muppet scenery (grew up on Sesame Street though).

I love those little round-headed Muppets that played in several of the in-between segments of the regular spots of the more famous Muppets.

The one segment that I love the most is "Who are the people in your neighborhood". Those little guys are awesome. But I have no idea what those Muppets are called. Anyone know? I want to know more about them.

Thanks!

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Those round-headed Muppets, i.e. the more bland-looking, interchangeable ones, were called "Anything Muppets." The usual puppeteers, Frank Oz, Carroll Spinney, Jerry Nelson, Fran Brill, Jim Henson, performed them.

The most famous "Anything Muppet" was Fat Blue, the mustachioed blue round-headed Muppet who unfortunately always had Grover as his waiter at Charlie's restaurant.

GOT

Reaction score
Thats them! Thanks. Interesting name for them, I like it.

fatblue

Reaction score
Fatblue was my favorite 'Anything Muppet' hence why I use his name! :big_grin:

GOT

Reaction score
Yeah he is cool! I'm going to have watch all the shows again with all this new knowlege I'm gaining about them... everything seems different now that I realize whats going on (behind the scenes). I always loved the in-between segments on Sesame ST, that were about fairy tales and that type of thing... the main characters never interested me much as a youngster... don't know why.

So now I have to learn all about the "ANything Muppets" :big_grin:

fatblue

Reaction score
My favorite 'Anything Muppet' skit is in the first SS episode with Gordon turning the five anything's into a nuclear family. If you watch closely as they are singing 'Consider yourself at home' you see there mouths are a bit out of sync with the lyrics, pretty funny actually.

Whatever

Reaction score
Palisades may release Anything Muppet action figures on Palisades Direct where you can interchange magnetic body parts!

Xerus

Reaction score
fatblue said:
My favorite 'Anything Muppet' skit is in the first SS episode with Gordon turning the five anything's into a nuclear family. If you watch closely as they are singing 'Consider yourself at home' you see there mouths are a bit out of sync with the lyrics, pretty funny actually.
I remember that skit. It was in the very first episode of Sesame Street, where we were introduced to the Anything Muppets for the very first time.

I've also noticed when the Muppets talked, they sounded like the regular cast of Muppeteers. But when they sang, some of them had completely different voices.