Who are these muppets part 2

Thijs

Reaction score
Round two. Only 8 unidentified muppets left.

http://www.geocities.com/tvdomburg/unknown3

Count requested to describe them:
1 Purple girl with brown hair and red nose
2 Yellow monster with yellow horns and a blue nose
3 Purple mosnster with orange nose and black eyebrows
4 Light grey female monster with blue nose
5 Yellow monster with purple nose
6 Green girl with dracula-teeth
7 Pink girl with black afro-hair and red nose.
8 Pink boy with black hair

MuppetDude

Reaction score
1. Don't know.
2-5. They don't have any names, they're just "Anything Monsters".
6. Volume 11(?) of "The Sesame Street Library" has an illustration of him (minus teeth) and refers to him as "Hortense".
7. Don't know.
8. Don't know. He's probably a nameless AM.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
MuppetDude: In what segment, story or sketch does this character appear in Volume 11 of the Sesame Street Library? Are you sure that it's male or female?
Tommy: Thanks for including a brief description of what you're looking for, but perhaps a bit more detailing is necessary. However, here are two probabilities:
2 If this character is a small female monster character, then it might be Mary Monster though I thought she had an orange or reddish nose.
3 The only purple monster with an orange nose and black eyebrows that I can think of is the Jerry Nelson half of the Two Headed Monster.
Hope this helps.

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
MuppetDude: In what segment, story or sketch does this character appear in Volume 11 of the Sesame Street Library? Are you sure that it's male or female?
Tommy: Thanks for including a brief description of what you're looking for, but perhaps a bit more detailing is necessary. However, here are two probabilities:
2 If this character is a small female monster character, then it might be Mary Monster though I thought she had an orange or reddish nose.
3 The only purple monster with an orange nose and black eyebrows that I can think of is the Jerry Nelson half of the Two Headed Monster.
Hope this helps.
hmm, I am not so good in describing
2 is not female
3 no, it ain`t

i fear those are anything muppets. they are very new, that`s what i know. maybe from monster clubhouse?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

The Green Monster is the Green Anything Muppet with a Pointy Head. He/She has yellow eyes and one tooth. Fur ontop of his/her head and a furry body.
Its the same puppet as Arlene Frantic in 'Whats My Part'.

Here is a better picture - http://www.musicmerchant.com/ctw22071cvr.jpg

Do any of the other Monsters from the picture have names ?
We know Cookie, Grover, Frazzle and Herry.

The Blue Monster is Fat Blue with yellow horns, a green nose, one eyebrow and a green nose. He has thangs. Blue fur on his head and his body.

He was Bennet Nerf on 'Whats My Part' i think.

Why did Bennet Nerf and Arlene Frantic always change tho ?
Once i saw them as monsters, Then as normal AM's !

Also if anyone has any pictures of the Furtones or Frazzletones they would be really appreciated and you will get crdit on the site !

Thanks for the help !

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If this Green AM/Monster has a slightly nasty look to it, then I believe we're on to something. My thought processes are now booted up. There was a green monster whose facial expression was kind of snakish or lizardish, he had an pointy head and nose, fangs, and a body similar to Kermit's. This character was named Hortense and probably showed up in some of the coloring/story books. It's probable that he shows up in some of the Sesame Street Library segments like Colors. Hope this helps.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to the 1974 record Play-Along-Songs, it's Bennett *S*nerf with an S and two N's and T's. I think Arlene Frantic is actually the green monster linked above at least that was the name given her in 1971 from the "What's My Part?" sketch. I believe she had a different name in another skit, but I would have to check on that one.

Also the picture of Marty comes from the 1978 Sesame Street Fever album. He's Marty from the song "Has Anybody Seen My Dog".

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

Thanks !

Thanks for the correction Phil, i have that on video so i think ill stick with that one !

Now does anyone have a better picture ?

:big_grin:

Ryan

Reaction score
Phil,
Arlene has been renamed. I have to check my tape, but I know she was in the "Herry's Secret To Grover" bit (remember, where the secret is the alphabet?) She had bigger more girlish eyes, and she was performed by Marilyn Sokol in this one. She also didn't have the fur nose she does in the "What's My Part" sketches.

BTW, all of the Muppets on that page are all unnmamed Muppets. They are AM's dressed a certian way for a photo/sketch.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan, that was the skit I was referring too. Just couldn't remember what her name was in that one without watching it again.