1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Who are you?

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Cindy, Apr 13, 2002.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>This community has really renewed my love for Muppets and puppets in general. Before lurking here, I hung around at a Lego for adults community. (another part of my childhood I refuse to let go of) But as time has passed, they've become a bitter people, and it has not been a happy place. Kind of strange really<<<

Yeah, I can imagine a lot of message forums have dwindled into elitism/bitter garbage. Im very grateful Phil graduated us to this new forum, as so many new and old faces have come back!

I really credit Phil for reigniting the gen x and all around online interest in all things Muppetdom. I mean if you read the Muppetfest/live reviews, Muppetcentral got quite the plugs! Whats more, as over the years weve actually seen a few Muppeteers and puppet builders pop in here. (some are regulars too!) In 1998 there really was no forum for Muppet fans save for a few loose threads scattered on al. use nets and yahoo stuff.

Anyways, welcome aboard and so good to hear MC has rekindled your Muppet enthusiasm, no better time than now to be a fan!

///beaker///
  2. Vendaface

Vendaface New Member

Another newbie

Hi! I just discovered the forum a few days ago-- I've been visiting the site for years, though.

Vendaface terrified me as a kid, so I figured I'd pick the username to desensitize myself. :D I'm 27, a lifelong Muppet fan, and a collector of Fraggle Rock VHS. My husband thinks I'm insane for watching the Muppet Show DVDs as often as I do. Heh.

I may not be posting that often, but it's great to meet you all :)
  3. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to Muppet Central Vendaface! Great screen name.

Looking forward to getting to know you.
  4. Vendaface

Vendaface New Member

Thank you! I've always loved your web site. :)
  5. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

Hiya VendaFace!!!

Say, think you can do anything for MY face?

Welcome home to the Central!

FOZ
  6. UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly Member

Heya Heya folks.

This is Ryan. Kept the name UncleDeadly since I use that name in all but one place on-line, where I do occasionally use uncledeadly.

I lurk here a lot, but love posting, and loved using the old chatroom. I go through periods where I'm just not around at all however. Usually because of lack of time/forgetfullness/or computers who hate the forums.

Hopefully this time round I'll stay and not forget to visit.
  7. Hey, great avatar! :) And "Ryan" is my favorite male name, congratulations! :D

(Right up there with "Mark"...hmmmmmm...maybe I should name my shoes Ryan and Mark...)
  8. Vendaface

Vendaface New Member

Wocka wocka! (I bet you get that a lot)

Thanks!
  9. Fozzie Bear

WELCOME RYAN!!!

But look out! There goes Byron trying to be bossman walking all ALL over Ryan and Mark the Shoe Twins. I hear they're the biggest things to the Olsen Twins, considering Byron's shoe size!

WOCKA WOCKA!!

FOZ
  10. beaker20

beaker20 New Member

i'm new at this forum as well but i did sign up at the old forum. It was brief though because the site moved to here.
  11. Fozzie Bear

Glad to have you here, Beaker20! Say, I see you're in LA; did u got to MuppetFest last december? Was that how u found muppet Central?

FOZ
  12. beaker20

beaker20 New Member

i didn't get to muppetfest unfortunately. I actually just found this site by accident and i'm glad i did cause i love it.
  13. Fozzie Bear

Well, in any case...

WELCOME HOME!! :)

FOZ
  14. Ryan

Ryan New Member

Byron:

<<And "Ryan" is my favorite male name

HOORAY! ;)
  15. Bragi

Bragi New Member

Did I seriously not reply to that way back then? Well, I'm moving to Tallahassee, Florida. Better late than never, I guess :p
  16. Fozzie Bear

HIYA!

Okay, NOW I remember! You have to forgive me, man...after all, look who my namesake is!

FOZ
  17. LOL! Yeah, I think I'll name my right footwear "Ryan" (R & R, Right & Ryan), and my lefts'll be the Marks. :)

:D
  18. Re: Byron:

Lol, I thought you might like that, RYAN! :p
  19. Boober_Gorg

Boober_Gorg Active Member

Karen, thank you for living!

Dear Karen,

I just discovered your website and found it FASCINATING! It’s such a pleasure to be able to talk to a real Muppeteer. Like all Fraggle Rock fans, I found out about your abilities through that milestone of a show, but my eyes popped out of their sockets when I learned that you've worked with Pixar! I’m a fan of their work, and I’ve been attending Spike & Mike shows (their first vehicle, I later learned) since 1994. To date, I’ve seen For The Birds at least six or seven times at the cinema. I met Lasseter in SF twice, in ‘97 at the Palace of Fine Arts and in ‘01 the Castro Theater (where he signed my blank book and drew Flik). I’ve tried to get into the Animation program at CalArts in the past, but have had no success. :mad: Therefore I’m now taking a few animation courses at DeAnza, where I hope I can get a career started. :) I’m into drawing/cartooning, and I’m hoping to become the next Mike Judge.

RE: Fraggle Rock: the petition is a GREAT idea. :) I never got cable, so I grew up on it via video rentals - but I’ve since wanted to see MORE - especially after reading Chris’s guide. :( It’s been such a hard series for me to track down. I’ve even gone as far as trying to obtain (and document the information on) the Fraggle Rock PAL-video releases from Britain, some of which, I’m aware, have the re-filmed “Doc & Sprocket” segments. Speaking of those, who performed Sprocket for those foreign segments? Also, were the “Traveling Matt” sequences re-filmed for coproduction as well? I learned about coproduction back when I attended this Muppet exhibit at the Bay Area Discovery Museum in Sausalito, where there was a special being shown on one of the TV sets. At that event I also distinctly remember gazing at the ORIGINAL Junior Gorg suit in a display cube.

Also, since you’re a puppeteer, what are your thoughts on the FOX show “Greg the Bunny”? Personally I don’t think it’s the greatest, but it does have its moments.

Best wishes,
    Guille Gomez
    (G Man) :cool:
    Cartoonist @ Large

PS. I've also got Chris Wedge's autograph! Does anyone besides me know who he is?