Who are your favorite filmmaker(s)?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My fave directors are: Tim Burton, Steven Spielburg, George Lucas and... of coarse, Alfred Hitchcock.
Yay! A fellow tim burton fan! :flirt: Ooooo, I like steven spielburg too.

Kiki

Reaction score
That's awesome! My fave Tim Burton films are TNBC, Corpse Bride and Sleepy Hollow, but I like loads of his films, really. Yeah, Spielburg is just fantastic! :big_grin:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
My favorite Tim Burton film is Ed Wood.

Speaking of Spielberg, he's coming to my town in June to shoot a scene for "Indy 4!" Harrison Ford and Sean Connery are supposed to be here, too!

Kiki

Reaction score
Ooh! I'm rully looking forward to the new Indy film, can't wait! I love all of Spielburg's work! :excited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Technically, TNBC is not really a Burton film. Henry Selick (sp?) was the actual director. Tim wrote it and produced it. But thats besides the point :smile: TNBC is the most awsomest, greatest, terrifecest, superest, spectacularest, movie ever!

The first 2 times I tried to watch Sleepy Hollow I fell asleep during the first 10 minutes. It was only in MArch was I able to stay awake, till 1 in the morning because it was on late tv, and see it. and man I am glad I did. Johnny Depp was great in it.

The only Burton movie I dont really like is beetlejuice. I dont know...its just, too weird, even for me. I had a hard time following it.

Kiki

Reaction score
Heh, your right 'bout TNBC not technically being a Tim Burton film, but yeah. :smile: I've never seen Beetlejuice. Same, I love weird movies, but only to a degree, y'know? :wink:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
D'oh!

Speaking of weird, I'm a big admirer of David Lynch, too! My favorites of his are:

Eraserhead (1978)
The Elephant Man (1980):cry:
Blue Velvet (1986)
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me (1992)
Lost Highway (1996)
Mulholland Dr. (2000)

I also love Twin Peaks, the series.

Kiki

Reaction score
Hey, I know David Lynch! My dad's a big fan of his'! Though I must admit I have never seen any of his movies, but I might have to at some stage, huh? :wink:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Hey, I know David Lynch! My dad's a big fan of his'! Though I must admit I have never seen any of his movies, but I might have to at some stage, huh? :wink:
Yeah, if you like really weird, twisted cinematic nightmares!:crazy:

The Elephant Man is a terribly sad film. I always end up a blubbering mess by the end of it. John Hurt, who plays Joseph (John) Merrick, "the elephant man," should have won the Oscar for his incredible performance, but he was beat by Robert De Niro that year for Raging Bull. Anthony Hopkins is also excellent as the doctor who treats Merrick.

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh yes, I am aware of Anthony Hopkins and think he's an incredible actor (ever seen Magic? :wink:). I must see 'The Elephant Man' when I can get around to it. Heehee, yes, I must admit, I do like twisted, off-beat films! :crazy: