Who Built Lips?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Where are kept all the muppets? there may be hundreds or thousands!!! did they change the storage after Disney bought them? and sesame Muppets and Jim Henson puppets? thanks!!!
I don't know where they keep the unused Muppets. I can some how picture them in these giant crates in a freezer in a basement at Disney World.

THIS will be an interesting short. Lips is one of the most mysterious yet best loved obscure characters (at least by many fans, including myself). Using the original puppet no less, what could they possibly be planning. Hope we can see soon enough!
I mentioned that to Mike I told him that Lips is a huge fan favorite among teenage girls, I also asked him if Steve still felt uneasy about voicing Lips and he said "No I don't think so" So we may even hear him sing or speak more as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Lips is actually starring in this or if he's featured among other characters (like if it's actually starring The Electric Mayhem). Dave Goelz mentioned that Lips had a line in something the performers did in winter 2013 (which we assume was a deleted scene from Muppets Most Wanted, but we don't know for sure) and Steve gave him such an impressive delivery that he's now comfortable voicing the character. Dave said that he couldn't wait to see what was done next for Lips (and despite that, everything the character has been in since have had him silent, he didn't even get a line in the Lady Gaga special).

Where are kept all the muppets? there may be hundreds or thousands!!! did they change the storage after Disney bought them? and sesame Muppets and Jim Henson puppets? thanks!!!
Craig Shemin has said that Disney doesn't archive acquired properties, so The Jim Henson Company Archives still has all pre-2004 Muppet archive materials, including puppets (which is probably why the last two movies do have "puppets by Jim Henson's Creature Shop", since it seems like some background characters from those movies were the originals), scripts, design sketches, and master tapes (I hope that's not the reason so much isn't on DVD). I assume that Puppet Heap has current Muppet puppets in storage. The Sesame Street Muppets are also stored at the workshop, since Jim Henson's Creature Shop continues to build the Sesame Muppets.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yep, @minor muppetz is correct. Craig said in his interview that Disney doesn't have archives for their acquired properties. This includes Muppets, Marvel, and Star Wars. The pre-2004 properties are all still archived at the Henson Archives, headed by Karen Falk.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yep, @minor muppetz is correct. Craig said in his interview that Disney doesn't have archives for their acquired properties. This includes Muppets, Marvel, and Star Wars. The pre-2004 properties are all still archived at the Henson Archives, headed by Karen Falk.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
Thanks I looked it up and found that myself. LOL thanks though. Apparently they are doing some kind of filming and they are using Lips, and it is the original puppet which is hard to them to believe.
Whoa! A film about Lips?! :smile: that's something I would watch, fer sure!!:big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a thread at Tough Pigs about an upcoming Electric Mayhem appearance, which may or may not be this. Kirk Thatcher and Tom Berson (I might be wrong on the spelling... I think he's the host of America's Funniest Home Videos) both posted pics on Twitter for a project with the band, which appears to have a jungle setting.

LipsGF4Life

Reaction score
There's a thread at Tough Pigs about an upcoming Electric Mayhem appearance, which may or may not be this. Kirk Thatcher and Tom Berson (I might be wrong on the spelling... I think he's the host of America's Funniest Home Videos) both posted pics on Twitter for a project with the band, which appears to have a jungle setting.
Can you send me a link?