Who can give me some information about these characters?

Thijs

Reaction score
Who can give me some info about the following characters? We know they exist, we have a picture of them, but I have no info to fill the description with:

Aristotle (we only have a picture of him, and a painting)
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/sesameak/SesameA/Aristotle.html
http://scarecroe.com/files/bluefurredhair.gif

Cookie's Mom (she recently appeared in Sesame Street. Has anybody seen it and can somebody tell me what happened in the skit? We only know that she is Cookie's mother :stick_out_tongue: and we presume that she is performed by Steve Withmire)

Elizabeth (we only know that her cat is named Little Murray Sparkles)
http://www.angelfire.com/super2/sesameak/SesameE/Elizabeth.html

Furline Huskie (appeared in the song "Comb your face". Does anybody have the lyrics of that song?)

Grannie Fannie Nesselrode (debuted 1971, performed by Jim Henson, but what kind of sketches did she appear in and what is her personality like?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, Elizabeth is a very on dimentional character. She is basically the proud pet owner of Little Murray Sparkles, and all she ever does is talk about him (how cute he is, what he can do) sort of like Humphry and Ingrid obsess over Natasha.

That's what I can give you, since she's very shallow a character...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And where are all the Brooklyn-born forum members to defend Elizabeth? From what I know, Elizabeth has a sort of Brooklynish accent when she speaks, loves her cat, and is greatly fascinated by bubbles.

Elizabeth's cat was originally named just Sparkles. But in an episode seen recently on Noggin, he ran away from her and got found by Telly Baby Bear who started playing with the kitty. The duo renamed the kitten Little Murray because it looked like a little murray, does anyone know what that means? Distraught over her loss, Elizabeth met Bob and Linda walking Barkley who gave her the idea of making a "Lost Pet" sign. She hung it in Hooper's Store before the guys realized the truth of their find. At the end, Elizabeth said that the cat's new full name could be Little Murray Sparkles and Telly and Baby Bear could be its uncles.

As for Granny Fanny Nesselrode, she appeared in the Subway song/sketch and I believe she liked to ride motorcycles and play the tuba, if what I have from various picture books can be believed as a source for a character's personality.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Thijs

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I updated both Elizabeth and Fannie

Joggy

Reaction score
Granny Fanny did not appear in the Subway sketch; that was a different unnamed grandma. I have two sketches with her.

In one of them, she's the "problem solving lady". She gets a letter from a viewer who wants to know how to keep things apart, and demonstrates this by showing her two DIFFERENT cats - which she keeps apart by the colour of their ribbons! She was quite forgetful and slow-witted in that scene, and she was often corrected by her co-host, a Guy Smiley kinda guy. I have this one in Dutch.

She also appeared in "Here Is Your Life - Oak Tree" with Guy Smiley. She was the one who planted the acorn. Her voice was Jim Henson's.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sorry I didn't have much about Elizabeth... i never really liked her as a character. She was basically Humphry and Ingrid just not as wacky or funny.

I also would like to add I think Stephanie D'Abruzzo also plaied Marion the Horse in the Cookie Hood episode!

Thijs

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Sorry I didn't have much about Elizabeth... i never really liked her as a character. She was basically Humphry and Ingrid just not as wacky or funny.

I also would like to add I think Stephanie D'Abruzzo also plaied Marion the Horse in the Cookie Hood episode!
Well I have a few lines about Elizabeth now. That's satifying for me. I only wish somebody would solve the Aristotle mistery. That goes for Furline and Cookie's Mom too.

I'll add Stephanie D Abruzzo as Marion's performer (isn't it MariAn? because that's how Robin Hood's girlfriend is called)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean Marian as in Maid Marian? Yeah, that's the same doubt I had when I first heard about both of these new characters. I even posted something where I asked if "Marion" was the correct spelling for the name of Cookie Hood's horse, basing my question on the same premise as yours Tommy. Hopefully, someone will come in and set us both straight as to this horse's name's spelling.
BTW: Don't forget to include the info I gave you about Elizabeth above. Can't help you out with the others cause I don't know those characters. Though something makes me think that Aristotle has a somewhat smart knowledgeable demeannor to him. Guess it's just the suggestive nature of the character's name and the drawing of Aristotle in the first issue of the SS Magazine in my possession. Hope this helps and have agood day.