Who do you like better?: Jim Henson, Dr. Seuss or Walt Disney? And why?

Who do you like better?

• Total voters

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Jim Henson, Dr. Seuss and Walt Disney are three men we all grew up with, but who do you like better in terms of imaginative quality and ability to display deep morals that anyone can understand.
For me, I like Jim Henson and Dr. Seuss the most, they both created brand new worlds and new characters and they were able to convey deep morals within their work. Don't get me wrong, I do love Walt Disney movies, but in terms of delivering deep morals, you have to look harder for the message, but it's there.

What do you think?

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
I like them all, but if I had to choose, I'd likely choose Walt Disney and Dr. Suess, reason why I'm not picking Jim, well aside from Fraggle Rock, his morals were kinda there, nothing more I can say, Walt Disney's may be hard to spot, but when you spot them you'll have a great time telling them to future generations, reason why I'd also pick Dr. Suess, well, even his morals were kinda great, his specials (mainly The Lorax, Horton Hears A Who, and all 3 Grinch specials are defenently main examples to go from and there morals are all great to learn from too).

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Each one if for different reasons.

Disney might've had some moral messages hidden deep beneath the surface, but his main focus seemed to be to entertain (and MAKE MONEY!).

Jim seemed most focused on creating, expressing himself artistically. Through Fraggle Rock, he made his morals very appealling, but he didn't shove them down people's throats. He led through his quiet example of how we can make the world better, and he was charismatic enough for so many diverse people to latch on to that.

Dr. Seuss's morals seem to be the most obvious- promoting world peace (he was cartooning his way through World War II), trying to do away with prejudice (Green Eggs and Ham), and other lofty goals.

My favorite Seuss story is The Sneetches. Some Sneetches had stars on their bellies, others did not. So the star-belled Sneetches thought they were superior to the plain-bellied Sneetches. Along came a travelling salesman who, for a small fee, could tattoo stars on the plain-bellied Sneetches. Once they all had stars, he had another service where the original star-bellied Sneetches could have their stars removed, so they could again prove themselves different and superior to the now star-bellied plain-bellied Sneetches (are you following this?). After several runs of having stars tattooed and removed (and draining their wallets in the process), nobody could tell who was who anymore. Were you originally a star-belly or a plain-belly? Nobody could remember.
So their bigotry disappeared (along with the salesman) and they all sat around a fire, toasting marshmallows in harmony, loving each other whether they had a star-belly or not.

Try to top that.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
I love Jim Henson!!!!!! Isn't that why we are all here? I mean, the morals in life are important, but when it comes to entertainment, it's Jim Henson. And, Fraggle Rock DID have some pretty great morals, if you think about it. So did Sesame Street....and The Storyteller.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Yes, I love all three of them, but I really like Jim and Seuss a little bit more.... They both include very great morals, that children will remember. If they see those bright characters helping them tell the moral, I think it will stick, and so will the characters.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Jim Henson, Dr. Seuss and Walt Disney are three men we all grew up with, but who do you like better in terms of imaginative quality and ability to display deep morals that anyone can understand.
For me, I like Jim Henson and Dr. Seuss the most, they both created brand new worlds and new characters and they were able to convey deep morals within their work. Don't get me wrong, I do love Walt Disney movies, but in terms of delivering deep morals, you have to look harder for the message, but it's there.

What do you think?
Well this is a muppet fan site, so well ya...
Even though Disney and Seuss were both awesome men and revolutionized my childhood, but Jim did it more, and that's why I'm on this fan site basically.