Who do you think did a better job performing Elmo, Kevin Clash, or Richard Hunt?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What do you guys think? I believe I'd have to go with Kevin Clash because I wasn't born while Richard Hunt was performing the little red munster...oops, I mean monster.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I dunno, I'd hafta hear Hunt performing him. BTW, is that true in your sig? :frown:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
well, Elmo has turned into a different character, but that's not the performer's fault...Just like with kermit, I know there are differences, but I accept it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
I dunno, I'd hafta hear Hunt performing him. BTW, is that true in your sig? :frown:
As a matter of fact, it is! It would be on the new practically everyday. Not only did Germany have a HUGE man-hunt, Snuffy was seen of German TV pleading for their "eventual" safe return.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I never realised Richard Hunt performed elmo, I learn 10 new facts everyday on muppetcentral. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've never seen Richard's Elmo... The problem was, he didn't like or get into the character at all. I think Brian Muehl (or however you spell it) plaied him for a while with no real results. Kevin was the only one who even HAd a character for him. The rest is history!

Splurge

Reaction score
Who played Elmo, or rather the Elmo-looking background monster in Monsterpiece Theater's "Me, Claudius"? It couldn't have been Richard, he was doing someone else. Could that have been Brian M?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Splurge said:
Who played Elmo, or rather the Elmo-looking background monster in Monsterpiece Theater's "Me, Claudius"? It couldn't have been Richard...
I believe it was, because I saw this clip on a Sesame Street biography special on A&E. They were interviewing Kevin Clash, and started show the "Me Claudius" clip. When the background Elmo came out in his "different" voice, the announcer said something like: "Here, Elmo was played by another muppeteer, Richard Hunt." or something to that extent. I have never heard Brian M. before, and didn't know because on the Elmo beanies, his tag said "He first appeared on Sesame Street in 1985." And that was the same year Richard started with Elmo. In Carroll Spinney's new book, he talks about this and said Richard dislike the character because he kept on getting complaint calls about performing Elmo, and insisted on Kevin taking over.

WiGgY

Reaction score
I'd like to hear what Richard's Elmo sounded like, but I think that Elmo is Kevin's character. Always has, always will be, even though he hasn't always been Kevin's character, but you know what I mean. I just can't see anyone else performing Elmo.