1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Who Framed Kermit the Frog

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Super Scooter, Dec 30, 2002.

1. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

You didn't like the Frackle idea?

Well, there goes my creative juices down the drain!

That could be really funny! It sounds very Muppety! Give it a chance!

2. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Well, It is Muppety but I know lots of people who would get to that point in the film and the rest would be just noncense. Why do they need to get proff that he didn't counterfeit Frackles? Why can't they ask the Frackels?

3. Beauregard

I am thinking of posting the outline on here soon so that you can all send me your comments suggestians etc so that we can get on with the writing.

I also want to know what you think Kermit should be counterfeiting.

4. Beauregard

Ooooooopps

I meant, what is Kermit meant to be counterfeiting of course.

5. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

That's the whole point! It is nonsense, and that brings us back to The Muppet Movie! How many times in that did you think it was just nonsense? Not that it's not the most emmotionally driven Muppet film, but there were points in that where it is just nonsense! That's what makes good comedy! We're not making the first ever fully serious Muppet film! We're trying to top VMMCM! Hae it funny as possible, but also have it very emotional. Sorry, that's just the way I feel.

If you really don't like the counterfeit Frackles, we can take it out. Just thought it would be funny.

Actually, let's put it to a vote. Who here would think it funny if Kermit were arrested for counterfeiting Frackles? (not Fraggles, mind you. Although, that might be twice as funny. Hmmph. How about Fraggles, Beau?):D

6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Besides, you don't need to think everything through. I go to a movie, I just sit there and enjoy it. I try not to think about how many times someone breaks the laws of physics. The Matrix? Total nonsense! Any Star Trek film? Complete nonsense! Star Wars? So much nonsense, I can't even begin to list it. And those aren't even comedies! Austin Powers? Total nonsense! Tommy Boy? Total nonsense! MIB? Complete nonsense! See? You don't need a film that you can understand for it to be good! Dumb and Dumber you don't even want to begin to think about!

By the way, anyone see a commercial yet for Dumb and Dumberer?

Sorry for yelling, Beau. Friends?:)

7. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

yes, i have seen the preview for dumb and dumberer....its what hollywood folk call a tease cause it doesn't show any scenes of the new movie, just the title....

just some movie lingo i had to share..

ryan

8. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Technically, it's called a teaser trailer, but let's get back on trakc now.

9. Beauregard

OK. Vote now. Counterfeit what?

10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

FRACKLES OR FRAGGLES!

(note: I paid off the voters! hehehehe! :D)

That's my vote.

11. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

WOAH!!! that's exactly how i feel!

Sarah

12. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

So, what do you think should be counterfeit? Frackles? Fraggles? Money? Something else? What?

13. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

something a little odd..but something not totally silly...like umm umm....a disk with secret info that was snuck into a bag he was carrying or something....

Sarah

14. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Okay, guys. I think we know what we're going to do with that. Gonna go with an old idea and go for the rubber chickens.

Anymore ideas?

15. Beauregard

OK I'll have to be happy with Ruber Chickens then.

:mad:

16. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

i don't know if i like rubber chicken either...isn't that a tad silly? maybe a chicken statue that might be better.....of course then you kinda look like a copy of MC, but if you play your cards right, you can get rid of that quickly!

Sarah

17. ryhoyarbie

ryhoyarbie Well-Known Member

i'd have to go with money....no one will get the rubber chickens...although it's a muppet movie so anything is possible..

ryan

18. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

yeah a true fan would get rubber chickens, but most people would start to wonder about the company's sanity!!!

Sarah

19. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Have any of you ever seen a comedy??? A Muppet Movie??? Monty Python even??? It's just funny! Silly, but that makes good humor! (not the ice cream)

I'm sorry, Beau. I figured since you suggested it in your last letter that you liked it. Sorry.

We want the thing he is accused of counterfeiting to be something funny because otherwise, we have very little to work on. So far, our outline has very little room for comedy, except for with Gonzo, and it's going to be tough trying to make it funny.

We can go with money if it's so important to you that it is. Monopoly money, maybe?

Scoot

20. Beauregard

I think your wrong Scoot. We have pleanty of room for comady. The whole thing is comedy, BUT we can't have rubber chickens because of the Rubber Chicken Factory bits!!! It wouldn't make sence.