1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Who here posts at the spawn message board?

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Corbet, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Corbet New Member

I know of Me, Aerosmith, and MichAEl Crawford. Anyone Else?
  2. grail New Member

i've thought about it in the past, but this was the first board i ever really got involved with, so i have a tendency to stick to here. i'm a member of Art Asylum's and Moore's as well, but i usually just lurk...
  3. MM-III New Member

I mainly lurk there as I'm not a big Mcfarlane collector. Basically aside from the odd movie maniac here and there, I only buy his "hot chick" spawn figures. There seems to be about one per series. Yeah, so I'm a pig, sue me.
  4. Aerosmith New Member

Jarod and Juxton post here too.
  5. Pschtyckque New Member

I've posted there in the past. Mostly in the Sports Board (I collect the NBA figures.) But I don't go there often anymore.
  6. Figment New Member

I post on the spawn board. I lurk here too :cool:
  7. trammel New Member

I post on the Spawn Message board as Lord Bowler.

-Tom
  8. beaker Well-Known Member

eek, I thought this was about the comic Spawn at first(which I thought was a spierman rip 10 years ago)

While I for one am glad Mcfarlane was able to get a slew of anime rights to produce two series of anime figures...I find most of Mcfarlane figures...which saturate the market, grotesuqe and unplayable. I know the modern 'cool looking grimy grotesque statue' look is all the rage in the last few years...but I remember a time when figures was equl part playability.

I resent how Mcfarlane toys in 1997 reinvented the figure market, into what it is now; virtual statues, 8" figures with either a billion points of articulation or next to none.

When I think of Mcfarlane toys I think of saturation. I mean Little Nicky and Candyman action figures? Please.
  9. MM-III New Member

You forget beaker that little nicky and candyman action figures sat on the shelves until they were clearanced or thrown away. He may saturate the market, but not everything he puts out there is swallowed by the public.

You want to talk saturation? Let's talk simpsons. I can't go to a single toy store that doesn't have at least three rows of pegs and tons of shelf space devoted to the simpsons toys. Is this a bad thing? I don't believe so, it's just a simply demand that the stores see fit to supply.

Same goes for Macfarlane... I think like any toy company he has hits and misses. But I don't think his market presence forces out any of the more "playable" figures from being produced.

I don't collect his "grotesque" figures either but I can recognize that there is a more adult audience out there who that appeals to and I say let him fufill that market if that's what he wants to do. It's obviously made him a very rich man.
  10. Corbet New Member

Spawn a Spider-man Ripoff? If anything it'd be Ghost Rider. Yeah I understand not all Mcfarlane's figures have playability, but, people like me, just like to pose them around the house or whatever. I dont really play with my figures, I just pose them and stuff. Although I heard the new Spawn Series (Series 22) has lots of articulation (although I have yet to see them in stores).
  11. beaker Well-Known Member

>>>You want to talk saturation? Let's talk simpsons. I can't go to a single toy store that doesn't have at least three rows of pegs and tons of shelf space devoted to the simpsons toys. Is this a bad thing? I don't believe so, it's just a simply demand that the stores see fit to supply. <<<

Oh true...at first it was great seeing a return to Simpsons stuff, but now its out of hand...meanwhile Muppets in stores isnt even 1/20th of that. As far as Mcfarlane, Ive grown darn tired of the lines look...so much so that I saw the new Kiss figures and pictures the Electric Mayhem playset hopefully selling better.

Mcfarlane's look has to be grimy(every figure looks like it needs lots of cleaning) grotesque and with maybe half a point of articulation.

>>Spawn a Spider-man Ripoff? If anything it'd be Ghost Rider. <<<

Oh I mean the look. In 1992 that was my least favorite Image title. Stylistically he looks like a rip on Spiderman, if ya remember when Mcfarlane in 1990 was on Amazing Spiderman.