Who here posts at the spawn message board?

Corbet

Reaction score
I know of Me, Aerosmith, and MichAEl Crawford. Anyone Else?

grail

Reaction score
i've thought about it in the past, but this was the first board i ever really got involved with, so i have a tendency to stick to here. i'm a member of Art Asylum's and Moore's as well, but i usually just lurk...

MM-III

Reaction score
I mainly lurk there as I'm not a big Mcfarlane collector. Basically aside from the odd movie maniac here and there, I only buy his "hot chick" spawn figures. There seems to be about one per series. Yeah, so I'm a pig, sue me.

Pschtyckque

Reaction score
I've posted there in the past. Mostly in the Sports Board (I collect the NBA figures.) But I don't go there often anymore.

trammel

Reaction score
I post on the Spawn Message board as Lord Bowler.

-Tom

beaker

Reaction score
eek, I thought this was about the comic Spawn at first(which I thought was a spierman rip 10 years ago)

While I for one am glad Mcfarlane was able to get a slew of anime rights to produce two series of anime figures...I find most of Mcfarlane figures...which saturate the market, grotesuqe and unplayable. I know the modern 'cool looking grimy grotesque statue' look is all the rage in the last few years...but I remember a time when figures was equl part playability.

I resent how Mcfarlane toys in 1997 reinvented the figure market, into what it is now; virtual statues, 8" figures with either a billion points of articulation or next to none.

When I think of Mcfarlane toys I think of saturation. I mean Little Nicky and Candyman action figures? Please.

MM-III

Reaction score
You forget beaker that little nicky and candyman action figures sat on the shelves until they were clearanced or thrown away. He may saturate the market, but not everything he puts out there is swallowed by the public.

You want to talk saturation? Let's talk simpsons. I can't go to a single toy store that doesn't have at least three rows of pegs and tons of shelf space devoted to the simpsons toys. Is this a bad thing? I don't believe so, it's just a simply demand that the stores see fit to supply.

Same goes for Macfarlane... I think like any toy company he has hits and misses. But I don't think his market presence forces out any of the more "playable" figures from being produced.

I don't collect his "grotesque" figures either but I can recognize that there is a more adult audience out there who that appeals to and I say let him fufill that market if that's what he wants to do. It's obviously made him a very rich man.

Corbet

Reaction score
Spawn a Spider-man Ripoff? If anything it'd be Ghost Rider. Yeah I understand not all Mcfarlane's figures have playability, but, people like me, just like to pose them around the house or whatever. I dont really play with my figures, I just pose them and stuff. Although I heard the new Spawn Series (Series 22) has lots of articulation (although I have yet to see them in stores).