Who is Clifford?

WiGgY

Reaction score
I know he was the host of MT but that Clifford is very different from the one I remeber. The puppet is that same but he was turned into a generic none cool muppet. I remeber him having those sunglasses and being hip. Was he apart of the Electric Mayhem during the late 80's?

The Flying Sheep

Reaction score
It is the same Clifford. However, he has overgone a personality change from his first apperance on JHH, where he was somewhat of the resedent hip guy, and I think he played the electric guitar in the band "Solid Foam". He and another character called Beard(Played by Jerry Nelson) replaced Flyod and Dr Teeth's roles.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Thanks. I know it's the same guy, but it's not the same guy. :big_grin: MT Clifford sucked.

So, on the JHH they replaced Floyd and Dr. Teeth even though Jim was still alive and one of the replacements was done by Jerry who did Floyd? Hmm..interesting. I so wish I had seen this show. I think something like JHH is what the muppets need.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i think when the jim henson hour came out they were trying to get some new characters on the show, so i guess thats why they didn't want to use the electric mayhem as the band, but they wanted a newer band....i think that's right?!

ryan

WiGgY

Reaction score
That makes sense. At least on the JHH they were being introduced as characters. On MT I didn't even know who the band was.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i don't think a lot of people knew who the band was on muppets tonight..maybe the band name but not the characters that were in the band..

ryan