Who is going to win "American Idol"?

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
So, all you "American Idol" fans, who are you rooting for?

And you had all better say Ruben!:mad:

Clay is just too Broadway for me not to mention that he should be back in his tree baking cookies.......:eek: :smirk::big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
:eek: :mad:

Sorry, gotta go with Clay. Ruben's terrific, but Clay is spectacular. I'm not entirely sure he WILL win, but I definitely think he SHOULD win. I love Clay to death. :flirt:
Erin

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Clay should win, but I predict that Ruben WILL win. How was the final showdown? I missed it because I was watching the Buffy finale.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
You missed one heck of a showdown. It included Lennon and McCartney (Ruben with "Imagine," Clay with "Here, There and Everywhere") and concluded with Clay's rendition of "Bridge Over Troubled Water." FANTASTIC!!! :big_grin:
Erin

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*sits in corner to observe*

ooh I'm here early..I'll catch all the good debates!

*thoughtfully pops muffin into mouth*

Sarah

Beakie

Reaction score
I think Clay will win but Ruben SHOULD win, Clay's voice just annoys me for some reason, I guess he's too broadway for me too :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just don't dig the loungy, Donny Osmand style of Clay's voice. It belongs in theater not radio. I don't see why he must sing every song like he's performing in a school play. It's such a strong voice, but I can only take the style in small doses. I wonder if he could try to sound a little more contemporary.

On the other hand. Ruben only sings in that R&B Luther Vandros sort of voice. He does it well, but I don't see it stirring up record sales from the intended market. I've never been interested in purchasing the CDs to begin with, but people (including the show's creator) seem to be forgetting the criteria for the winner.

Neither is as malleable in style like Kimberly. I wanted her to win. She had the sound, but not the perfect, emaciated look and I appreciated that. I just don't care anymore. Neither is very intriguing nor seems like a good candidate for an "American pop music idol". Aren't these people supposed to have some mystique?

So...I guess I'm pulling for Clay, but I think they should only try to cultivate a Broadway career out of it. I don't want to see him trying to do the pop star thing. It just doesn't seem right.

If Ruben wins, I'll be okay with it too. Both guys appear to be very nice and gracious people.

By the way, how many people do you think will really see the Kelly and Justin movie? It just seems 50 years behind the times. I don't get it. :confused:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
I don't watch the show at all (I only was interested in the BAD singers), but I'm rooting for Ruben. Don't know if he's TRL material, but I think he'd be a good R&B singer.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
I'm rooting fer Clay. Actually, I liked him ever since he first tried out. Geeky dudes are the best. But I wish they'd stop making him all sexy and stuff. It seems like everyone is "sexy" these days. I mean, I think Clay's sexy, but I thought he was since the beginning, and I have weird tastes. I mean, I think, oh I don't know!

Go Clay!
:flirt:

Luke

Reaction score
I want Ruben to win, but over here in the UK we had a similar situation and as the show format is owned by the management company and they want to sell records, i'd say they'll make sure Clay wins. Thats what'd happen over here anyway, there are non-illegal things they can do to make sure people vote in a certain way.