Who is going to win "American Idol"?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Clay all the way. Earlier in the season I was rooting for K-Lo, but alas she didn't make it to the final 2 (and I thought that she was better than Ruben last week).
Definitely, go Clay! I like Kim too, and she did do a good job last week. I read an article where Simon said he thought she outsang Ruben but he spared her his praise and spared Ruben his criticism because he wanted Ruben in the final two. Tricksy....

But then Clay sang BOTW, and you know, singing Simon & Garfunkel is the way to win my heart.

ABSOLUTELY!!! :big_grin: I'm with you there, Emmy!
Erin

EmmyMik

Reaction score
The funny thing is, earlier in the show I thought, "You know, Clay is really good for ballads. He's kind of like Artie. Maybe he should give BOTW a try."

And wouldn't you know it. His very next song, lol.

(although I think it would have been better without all of the back-up singers. I think a good gospely piano or organ intro would have been much better. It would be simple, wouldn't drown out Clay's voice, yet it could still be gospely)

Beakie

Reaction score
By the way, is anyone else sick of them singing that "And I'm proud to be an American" song? I don't really have a problem with the song itself, but it seems like they sing it on EVERY SINGLE EPISODE! They must have sung it at least 10 times by now seriously..

Luke

Reaction score
RUBEN !!!!!!!

Completely the right choice. They could have so easily shafted the 'velvet teddy bear' out of the competition because they thought he wasn't 'commercial' enough but he really deserved to win. Simon Fuller, i love ya - even if you did have intimate relations with Emma who i hate with a passion. Whoo Hoo !!!!!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
:big_grin: :big_grin: :smile: :smile: RRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUBEN!!!!!!

I knew he would win!!! I can't even tell you how happy I am!

BIG BOYS, REPRESENT!!!!:cool:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
They were both very good but I must admit I did feel a twinge of disappointment when Clay didn't win (i'm just glad he sang BOTW again!) But Ruben was excellent as well. In the long run, it doesnt really matter who wins because they both will put out cds and they both deserve to without a doubt. I hope that Kimberly does well too!

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
So it's all over now? I think it's great Ruben won, i watched a few eps over the months. I don't really care for tv anymore, i just watch a little bit now.

zack,

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik

Oh well, The Amazing Race starts next week (May 29. 8 PM. CBS. Y'all better watch it!), and I love me some TAR!
whee I love TAR!

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Someone get a mop for Ruben. Eeek! I've never seen someone sweat so much. I thought it was a pattern on his shirt. Ewww. He's a fantastic singer, but he wouldn't have much of a career as a dancer. LOL!

I didn't catch the first half hour and I'm in a different time zone. Did the results come in at the beginning or the end? I'm watching Law & Order season finale tonight (my fave show) so I'm flipping during the commercials.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
yes, he did sweat more than a normal person.....

Sarah

that song he did at the end I know! I thought they woud have written a new song.....not pulled one up!