Who is Kermit closer to?

P

Princeton

Between Piggy and Fozzie, who do you think Kermit is closer to? In the movies, he interacts with them in an equal amount, I think. How bout y'all?

BEAR

Reaction score
That's a tough question to consider. I'll have to think about it for a bit.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I'd say, Fozzie is closer to Kermit in the Muppet Show and earlier movies (well, GMC not included as I haven't seen it to judge). They're really close, they're the best of buddies. But then, later on, it seems that Fozzie almost gets shafted for Miss Piggy. She takes the place of Kermit's sidekick, if you will. I'll use examples with the movies i know the best.
For example:
TMM: Kermit and Fozzie hit the road, Piggy becomes a sidekick following them to stardom.
MTM: All the Muppets go to get famous. We see how close Fozzie and Kermit are (with saying goodbye, etc) but ultimately it ends with Kermit and Piggy getting married
TMI: Fozzie is the comic relief, and again Kermit and Piggy pretty much get together by the end of the movie. Fozzie has pretty much no relationship with Kermit.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
It's a very precious balance that's next to impossible to keep. I've noticed that in my fanfics, there's always some little moments where Kermit just needs someone to lean on. In some stories, he always goes to Fozzie (or Fozzie always goes to him), and in others, he always goes to Miss Piggy (or she always goes to him). But as of yet, I can't seem to represent their relationships with him equally within one story. I know that might sound like a silly way to judge things, but really, they have way more control over "my" stories than I do.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I'd say, Fozzie is closer to Kermit in the Muppet Show and earlier movies (well, GMC not included as I haven't seen it to judge). They're really close, they're the best of buddies. But then, later on, it seems that Fozzie almost gets shafted for Miss Piggy. She takes the place of Kermit's sidekick, if you will. I'll use examples with the movies i know the best.
For example:
TMM: Kermit and Fozzie hit the road, Piggy becomes a sidekick following them to stardom.
MTM: All the Muppets go to get famous. We see how close Fozzie and Kermit are (with saying goodbye, etc) but ultimately it ends with Kermit and Piggy getting married
TMI: Fozzie is the comic relief, and again Kermit and Piggy pretty much get together by the end of the movie. Fozzie has pretty much no relationship with Kermit.

You haven't seen the Great Muppet Caper!?!?! Mrs. Pepper, I am shocked! It is probably the best one. Anyway, in that movie Kermit and Fozzie are extremely close. They have a very solid relationship and then later they meet up with Miss Piggy. In this movie they are "brothers"

BEAR

Reaction score
I think I will say Fozzie, because they will always be the best of friends no matter what. The relationship between Kermit and Piggy is often shaky ground.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Ah, I see.

And grr, is it that shocking? >< It's not my fault it's out of print, and NEVER AIRS on TV, and all my local video stores don't have a copy, etc. etc. etc. :wink:
(( But I'm not worried because that situation will change very quickly in november... **does a little party dance to herself**))
While we're on the subject, I haven't seen MCC in about 8 years. And I've only seen half of VMMC...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
BEAR said:
In this movie they are "brothers"
Identical twins, to be exact. Very interesting, but... <shrug> Keep in mind that in GMC Kermit and Piggy's romantic life is a fairly major sub-plot. (a major sub-plot? Isn't that an oxy-moron? Oh well.)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Gah, would you people quit pulling Ziffels on me?!?
MrsPepper said:
And I've only seen half of VMMC...
YOU MEAN I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE?!?!?!? Which half have you seen? Because I keep hearing (well, reading) that Kermit kisses Piggy at the end, and I feel like I'm the only one who's never seen that kiss...