Who is this Big Bag character?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry pal, can't help you with that one. And what's "Big Bag" anyway?
Would it count as a Muppet/JHC production?
Thanks and have a good day.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I remember that it was a puppetry show done in the 1990s and it was shown very early in the morning on the Cartoon Network. It was a show about a Bag doing stuff a kid would do. I don't remember anything specific.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, the show was "Big Bag" and produced by CTW for the Cartoon Network.

ChellisPal

Reaction score
Her name is Sofie and was performed by Alice Dinneen.
She was added as a neighbor in the second season.
For those of you who dont know, Big Bag was produced by CTW for Cartoon Network and lasted 2 seasons.
When I interned at CTW 5 yrs ago, I got to look at the whole Big Bag library and had the chance to try on Chelii and Sofie before they were packed away. I really never had the chance to follow the show on CArtoon Network but after watching it, I became very fond of the charcters, especially Chelli (as you can see in my nick) who was wonderfully perfomed by Joey Mazzarino. There is a Chelli doll that was made, and can probably be found on eBay, if your a collector, as well as a hand ful of VHS tapes put out by WB. I have a few on tape myself, including Elmos Visit.
If any one wants to chat more about it, I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Hopefully Chelli and Sofie can pop up on the top of the Home Page from time to time, since they are the forgotton Muppet family Members
Mike

P

Philo and Gunge

ChellisPal said:
Her name is Sofie and was performed by Alice Dinneen.
She was added as a neighbor in the second season.
For those of you who dont know, Big Bag was produced by CTW for Cartoon Network and lasted 2 seasons.
When I interned at CTW 5 yrs ago, I got to look at the whole Big Bag library and had the chance to try on Chelii and Sofie before they were packed away. I really never had the chance to follow the show on CArtoon Network but after watching it, I became very fond of the charcters, especially Chelli (as you can see in my nick) who was wonderfully perfomed by Joey Mazzarino. There is a Chelli doll that was made, and can probably be found on eBay, if your a collector, as well as a hand ful of VHS tapes put out by WB. I have a few on tape myself, including Elmos Visit.
If any one wants to chat more about it, I'd be happy to answer any questions.
Hopefully Chelli and Sofie can pop up on the top of the Home Page from time to time, since they are the forgotton Muppet family Members
Mike
Yeah, I have that Chelli doll but I don't have any Big Bag episodes. I am looking for the Elmo's Visit episode.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Didn't Elmo Appear on the show???
If he did tell me what he did on the show.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The Count said:
Would it count as a Muppet/JHC production?
I would say no. Henson was not involved with this at all (unlike Sesame Street, The Muppets, ect). It would be like saying these are hesnons/muppet works: Micky Mouse (since owned by Disney like the Muppets), Dragon Tales (owned by Sesame Workshop like sesame steet), Barney (distribution rights by HIT like the Fraggles)... It is not Henson/Muppet.