Who is this Guy?

flyingpenguin

Reaction score
Whose the gut in Muppet treasure island hanging out with Miss Piggy? I think he's the only one of the wild booars that speaks.

(I love that guy!!!):mad: :zany: :attitude:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
He's the high priest boar, whose name is Spa'am.

Interesting backstory to him: Spam, the company that makes that god-awful luncheon meat that's supposed to taste something like ham, they sued Jim Henson Company because of it.

So whenever you see the containers for the DVD, you won't see "Spa'am" on the back of it. But because they had already filmed it and everything, they didn't make them go so far as to try to change it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Spam, the company that makes that god-awful luncheon meat that's supposed to taste something like ham
And they make those cheesy commercials where everyone acts like they're high and are loving spam.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
So whenever you see the containers for the DVD, you won't see "Spa'am" on the back of it. But because they had already filmed it and everything, they didn't make them go so far as to try to change it.
Of course, does it really matter if his name is mentioend on the DVD box? I don't think he was that important of a character in the movie to be mentioned on the back of the box (I could be wrong, but I don't think Mad Monty, Polly Lobster, or Clueless Morgan get mentioned on the back f the DVD box, and they were much more important).