Who is this Sesame character?

Hays

Reaction score
Funny story - at around age two, my son was running around the house making hitting motions and yelling "pnud buddr SAMICH!!!" Took us forever to figure out that he was not connecting snack foods with violence, but was in point of fact imitating Mumford.

Censored

Reaction score
It's said that Mumford and The Count share the same head, and come to think of it, I've never seen them together except in illustrated books.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well Jerry Nelson does both charatchers. So that would explain why.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Is that the magician character who used to say something like ala peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Its amazing how many things that are coming back to me from sesame street, I never thought I watched it much but now I know I must have.

:smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, Derspies, the Amazing Mumford is the resident magician on Sesame Street. His big finishing catch phrase was and still is: "A La Peanut Butter Sandwiches!" The thing about Mumford was that his magic tricks worked well when on stage, but always had some way of backfiring on him whenever he tried practicing them on the street. Hope this helps and have a good weekend.