Who is your favorite Frank Oz Character?

Who is your favorite Frank Oz Character

• Miss Piggy

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Animal

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Sam the American eagle

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This one maybe harder then the one with Jim. Because Frank's characters are all so wonderful,and all so different. I can't wait to see what this discussion brings out.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ooh, this one is definitely harder to choose than the Jim Henson one. Definitely gonna need to think about this one.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Grover, I always love him since I was little.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
There ought to be an "All of the Above" option! :mad::embarrassed::halo::attitude:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oops I never though of that the next one I will do that!
Since we are talking just T HB e Muppet Show I'm going with Fozzie. Fozzie was in his prime during the Muppet Show. Frank played him so well and with such care and it was a beautiful thing. I hate to say it but in recent years I have not cared for Fozzie, Now don't get me wrong I think Eric is doing a great job, but he has made Fozzie change.

Last edited:

JT Yorke

Reaction score
It was a close goal between Piggy and Fozzie but i voted for fozzie. He was played so well by Frank and Fozzie in the muppet show/the muppet movie is just pure gold. Like dwayne said fozzie became different in recent years.. He became must sweeter.

But i must state Piggy is also brilliant.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Fozzie, he is just a great character, struggling stand up comedian, best friends with Kermit, he's just a likeable guy. But I agree with Dwayne, the character hasn't been done justice in a lot of stuff. He was great in TMS, TMM, and GMC those 3 show him in the best way. But in MTM, he was a little too childish, and it got worse from there. MCC barely showed him, so I guess that doesn't really count, but honestly whoever wrote his character in MTI and MFS, wow, beyond awful, Fozzie may be a naive, but he's not stupid, the whole "man in his finger" thing and picking his nose in MFS made me feel sorry for Frank Oz. But in TM'11 he was portrayed well, and then back to stupid Fozzie in MMW. But, I will say, I do think they did him justce in TM'15, in the first half. The episode "Pig Out" shows Fozzie in exactly who he is, a kind well meaning guy, but too naive to realize that Statler was taking advantage of him, perfect characterization right there. The point of my rant is, though some writers don't get him right, the real Fozzie from before Henson's death is my favorite Frank Oz character. Sam the Eagle would be a close second, he's just hilarious. Funny how no one voted for Miss Piggy, she is the most popular.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
After much debate, i've finally decided to pick Miss Piggy as my favorite. She's really the most three dimensional of Frank's characters but also one of the most multi dimensional of the entire cast of Muppets.
Many people just see her as a hot tempered diva who's in love with Kermit. But during the time that Frank Oz was performing her, she was much more than that. She had a bit of a vulnerable side and despite getting annoyed by them she still really loved the rest of the Muppets. She was tough and angry yet at the same time sweet and elegant. She was kind of just barely holding it together. But somewhere between Muppets From Space and the time Eric Jacobson took over, something went wrong. She became extremely vain, much more than before. She became completely obsessed with Kermit, not that she wasn't before but back in the day she could hold a conversation without going on and on about him. She became a very annoying character. For awhile I hated her. I think the last few episodes of "The Muppets" did a very good job at gradually developing back to her original characterization. She finally became a more well rounded and fun character again and she was no longer a complete jerk. the new show made her one of my favorite characters again.