1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Who is your favorite Jerry Nelson character?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by dwayne1115, Jul 19, 2016.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

It's that time again, and this one is going to be fun! Today we are talking about Jerry Nelson and his characters on the Muppet Show.Now Jerry did have a lot of one time characters that would mostly sing songs. We are not really talking about them, because latter on we will focusing on that.
    Now I have a feeling how poll is going to go, but I maybe wrong. I know for a fact that one of Jerry's characters has a huge fan following. However I do hope this is not a one sided poll let the voteing/dissociation begin!

2. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

I voted for Robin , sweet innocent and teaches you that size doesnt really matter:) And the bless us all song from the christmas carol just makes me melt.

Same with all the other puppeteers they are so many great characters

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    dwayne1115 likes this.
  3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I choose Robin as well. His song Just one Person gets to me every time I hear it.

4. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

and how could i forget halfway down the stairs!

5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

6. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

He did only include muppets from the muppet show.

No ernie at the jim henson poll and no bert at the frank oz one!

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Bummer. :(

8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I chose Lew Zealand, Jerry Nelson had so many great one-note characters, and Lew Zealand is the most absurd and hilarious of them all. His introduction episode, the Marisa Berenson one, is great, and his GMC running gag, here are the paper towels, is one of the highlights of the movie.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I had a hard time choosing but I finally went with Floyd. I love his voice, his singing, he's a great bass player and I just love him for being so silly yet simultaneously very chill.

10. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member

Bump.

Wanna know why I never replied to this thread? Because it made my head explode. Dude did all of my favorite characters - :sing:, :crazy:, :fishy:.

I went with Floyd, just because he wasn't a one-trick pony.

Was it Robin? I get that; the character kind of transcends Muppets.

11. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

*coughs*

<<<<<<<

12. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Floyd and Robin:sing: