Who knew getting a job would be this hard???

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can't even say good luck.... you'd need to have superior luck to even get a janitor job anymore. But you have to keep trying, no matter how fruitless it is. Only thing you can do.
Hehe, on the subject of luck and job hunting, here is my Blog entry on the topic (insert shamless plug, hehe):

http://herald7.wordpress.com/2009/01/21/lost-treasure-3-marx-brothers-minnies-boys/

The economy is the major reason job hunting is so hard right now, it's hard for EVERYONE. You can send out resumes, but you're facing a huge amount of competition, plain and simple. Still, all it takes is one offer, so look online, check the newspapers, find career fairs, network with friends and talk to your college. The more you do, the more opportunities you can find. Good luck!

Btw do you have a PetSmart in your area? I hear they give people training to be pet trainers and you don't have to have too much previous experience.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
The economy is the major reason job hunting is so hard right now, it's hard for EVERYONE. You can send out resumes, but you're facing a huge amount of competition, plain and simple. Still, all it takes is one offer, so look online, check the newspapers, find career fairs, network with friends and talk to your college. The more you do, the more opportunities you can find. Good luck!
I hear you. But staying strong only last for so long sometimes... Three years and nothing! It's downright embarrassing at times. :stick_out_tongue: You hole something will change, you hope things will turn around. I know I'm not all along, but if feel that way at times. It's easy to say "Well, keep trying." But it can get so frustrating actually doing it and getting nowhere.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's easy to say "Well, keep trying." But it can get so frustrating actually doing it and getting nowhere.
You're right it is easy to say that, it's much harder to do it, especially with constant rejection. Though, what else can you do besides keep going? :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
College has become a joke now. You don't get anything out of it, except a piece of paper saying you know something and a lot of debt.

Trying to get a job with a college degree before the economy tanked was a joke too. Like what has been said before, you can have a college education and hold a job that you could have got if you were a high school dropout. And Obama wants to fund money in the educational system and he and his lackeys want kids to go to college. Well guess what kiddies, you're educational system is broke if you can have graduates get good paying jobs after college.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Just seeing the title of this thread made me realise that I need to get a job. Badly.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I know this pain, I've been searching and searching and SEARCHING for a job, and either find something I could do but need experience, or I never hear back. I don't know now much longer this can be kept up :/

Drtooth

Reaction score
Btw do you have a PetSmart in your area? I hear they give people training to be pet trainers and you don't have to have too much previous experience.
No way,... I hate dogs. I'm sort of afraid of them. Bad past experiences. Plus they always bark angrily at me for no reason... and I don't like to clean up animal crap.... I mean, I gag when I go the bathroom.

And Obama wants to fund money in the educational system and he and his lackeys want kids to go to college. Well guess what kiddies, you're educational system is broke if you can have graduates get good paying jobs after college.
That's not the reason the system is flawed, mind you. The reason why a college degree doesn't do anything anymore is due to too many parents having too many kids and sending too many kids to college to get an ever shrinking amount of jobs. That's a fault on the level of employers and the business world entirely. Plus, wouldn't funding education make things a little better? Look at what the previous administration did. And putting money into college? that's gonna make tuition a lot cheaper.

And you think you have it bad... A cartoonist in this day and age when everyone and their cousin wants to make comics? The Black and white indy comics boom is gonna crash just like it did in the 80's... you know, when everyone did Ninja Turtle "parodies?" (Yeah, you're not fooling me one bit Radioactive Kung Fu Gerbils... you want a cartoon show and an action figure line too, and are too lazy to come up with an original concept). Not to mention all our cartoons are coming from every single country besides the US and Japan (except for that Bakugan crap...). Not pretty at all.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I shudder to think about what would've happened if I'd kept up with that childhood dream of mine to be a cartoonist or Disney animator (look what happened to that!).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I shudder to think about what would've happened if I'd kept up with that childhood dream of mine to be a cartoonist or Disney animator (look what happened to that!).
You can do it online... trouble is, everyone does it online, and you don't get paid for it... unless you're successful enough to get your own site and sell merchandise (like Homestar Runner). I'm still following through with whatever I can, in hopes I can at LEAST get a Storyboardist job (Seth McFarline and Butch Hartman were both Storyboardists for Cartoon network, and look what happened to them).....

My problem is my demo reel is 5 years old, and I've been wanting to make new animations to bulk it back up... I wanted to find something part time so I can get money to get the equipment.